Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Calde was a liability"

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's what the fella at work said, this morning.

I have the internal investigation on Monday.
Up before Human Resources on Tuesday.
At some point I'll fine out if he's going to the police.
But he is now aware that Calde is anything but a liability (even when he's being a liability :lol:).

Not to mention a Leeds and a West Ham fan telling me we and the game were pretty rubbish.

Anyone else had to listen people who clearly don't know what they are talking about, not being ironic.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
second half he was, when up against Zaha as he was on a booking and holding back against the diver. :shrug:

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
that's what the fella at work said, this morning.

I have the internal investigation on monday.
Up before human resources on tuesday.
At some point i'll fine out if he's going to the police.
But he is now aware that calde is anything but a liability (even when he's being a liability :lol:).

Not to mention a leeds and a west ham fan telling me we and the game were pretty rubbish.

Anyone else had to listen people who clearly don't know what they are talking about, not being ironic.

the fella at workis a pratt

MillitantSeagull

Jul 10, 2010
Brighton
Calderon had a solid first half but it was clear that Holloway would move Zaha over to the left after Calderon was booked. Did as well as a player in his situation could up against Zaha, in my opinion he wasn't getting enough defensive cover from the players around him at times.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
second half he was, when up against Zaha as he was on a booking and holding back against the diver. :shrug:

Bridge should have followed him to the other wing.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Personally I think Calde was a weak link last night. That needless booking changed the game in my opinion. Holloway clearly saw the opportunity to take advantage of that and that's why he moved Zaha over to the left. This then pulled alot of our players out of position as they all moved over to help Calderon as he was on a booking. Then Holloway puts Bolasie on with space on the right and we never got going in the 2nd. Good management by Holloway put a poor booking for Calderon created the situation for Palace to take advantage.
All in all we ruled the first half, rode the 2nd and I feel we need cool heads on Monday because if we play well we'll beat them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Personally I think Calde was a weak link last night. That needless booking changed the game in my opinion. Holloway clearly saw the opportunity to take advantage of that and that's why he moved Zaha over to the left. This then pulled alot of our players out of position as they all moved over to help Calderon as he was on a booking. Then Holloway puts Bolasie on with space on the right and we never got going in the 2nd. Good management by Holloway put a poor booking for Calderon created the situation for Palace to take advantage.
All in all we ruled the first half, rode the 2nd and I feel we need cool heads on Monday because if we play well we'll beat them.
The needless booking that didn't deserve a booking you mean? Unlike some of the palace lunges that went unpunished. You talk like a palace fan.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
100% agree, it was a silly/needless booking and because we have no natural cover for the RB spot he couldn't make a challenge in the 2nd half. Might have been tempted to bring Spanish Dave to RB and bring on Crofts/Vicente.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's what the fella at work said, this morning.

I have the internal investigation on Monday.
Up before Human Resources on Tuesday.
At some point I'll fine out if he's going to the police.
But he is now aware that Calde is anything but a liability (even when he's being a liability :lol:).

Not to mention a Leeds and a West Ham fan telling me we and the game were pretty rubbish.

He is suffering from "scapegoatism" , picking out a player to have a go at without realising that football sometimes is a game of strategy.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The amazing thing to me is that Holloway didn't start with the billion pound man up against Calde after what happened at the Amex, when Zaha played well in the first half against Calderon and was then anonymous against Bridge in the second. But then since he'd switched Zaha from left to right in that game, perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised by his lack of tactical nous last night. Long may it continue. Or for 90 minutes on Monday anyway ...

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
To be fair my Palace supporting work colleague had it spot on. We dominated for 50 odd minutes, zaha moved over, but bringing Bolasie on changed it for them. He still thinks they will get done on Monday night which works for me.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
To be fair my Palace supporting work colleague had it spot on. We dominated for 50 odd minutes, zaha moved over, but bringing Bolasie on changed it for them. He still thinks they will get done on Monday night which works for me.
Spoke to a Palace mate of mine today and he said the same. Felt that Holloway got it wrong by playing Zaha against Bridge first half, Palace were better when Zaha switched to play against Calderon and Bolasie came on.

I thought Calderon was solid enough especially when you take into account he was on a yellow card, he didn't dive in and stayed on his feet.

Monday will be interesting as I'm sure that Palace will start with two out and out wingers and make it an open game.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
looked like a 50:50 to me. It was in control and studs weren't showing. Palace did far worse.

It wasn't for studs, it was because it was cynical. Looked like a clear booking on the telly.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
There's no real debate, it was a late challenge. It was a booking. And unfortunately, Holloway saw that gap.

The strategy for Palace ATM =

1) pass to zaha does he cross effectively? If Yes celebrate + repeat.

2) If No, hoof it to Zaha, does he cross effectively? No, repeat step 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here