Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was anyone else worried when...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...Buckley had his tussle with Jedinak (?) early in the first half?

I had a horrible flashback to the Dunk incident, fearing a red being shown and us being up against it from the beginning.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I was, dunno what on earth Buckley was doing, deserved a yellow to be honest.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Buckers seemed to be quite highly strung last night - which I don't associate
him with usually.

Let's hope the usual Will is back on Monday.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Jedinak was all elbows tbf. Did Ulloa later in the game as well. Hope they don't come down here to niggle us all game for a reaction. Let's hope the football does the talking for both sides :)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Buckers seemed to be quite highly strung last night - which I don't associate
him with usually.

Let's hope the usual Will is back on Monday.

Palace lined up top take turns to kick him in the first 15 minutes. Not surprised he was wound up - but yes, I was worried about his reaction. And shows you how amazing Ulloa's control is - he gets that all game up front and never seems to react even if he is seething inside. He also doesn't moan to the refs that often - just gets on with it.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yes, I was slightly worried. For a split second I contemplated the possibility of him getting a red. Very glad that the ref decided to deal with the situation so calmly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They went for Buckers big time, at least 4 bad challenges on him which could have all been yellows.

Still it meant they were very worried

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I didn't think it would be worse than a yellow - half of it seemed to be that Will was off balance and stumbling into him. The ref did a good job overall and kept a lid on the drama.

Feb 3, 2013
Wasn't worried at all as knew we had a top ref in charge and he knew it was going to be heated in the first 10 - 20 minutes and he kept a clam head and tried to calm players down instead of dishing our cards. If we had a ref like we did in December up there then I'd have been fearing the wrose.

The ref had a very good game.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No, of course not. It was nothing. Michael Oliver is the standard other referee's should be striving to live up to, he was in control of everything and kept everything under control. He's a fantastic referee and wasn't going to overreact to a nothing incident like that.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
bit worried. Looked like Jedinak was all over Buckley and then the Buckster retaliated a little.

Ref dealt with it brilliantly though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I thought Jeds treatment of Koosh all game was googling disgusting. He was elbows constantly. That's why he got booked for complaining and if you watched the set pieces after that like I did, Koosh was impeded or fouled by Jed every single time. Dirty player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, not really. There had been a couple of far worse tackles on Buckley that the ref decided weren't worth yellows. Would have been a travesty to then book Will for a bit of handbags. The ref was very even handed, although I was a bit pissed off with how he allowed Will to be targeted.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No, not really. There had been a couple of far worse tackles on Buckley that the ref decided weren't worth yellows. Would have been a travesty to then book Will for a bit of handbags. The ref was very even handed, although I was a bit pissed off with how he allowed Will to be targeted.

That was my only issue with him. I understand not giving out lots of yellow cards early on but when a team clearly targets a player, I think you do need to act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here