Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just in case......

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Assume the squad will be practising penalties this weekend?

Who would the first five be? Spanish Dave obviously - then who?

Hope we won't need it but another draw's not out of the question.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Why bother practising? You really cant create that pressure and atmosphere on the training ground. Just whoever is confident and decides to step up with a bit of lady luck on our side

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gus will make sure Vicente is on the pitch for a penalty shootout, so

David
Vicente

and then even though they've missed before :

Barnes
Ulloa

and possibly ( if still on pitch)

Buckley or Orlandi

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I remember bridcutt and calde's pens being very good against Woking(?), would guess they might be in with a shout. Bridge too.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Chances are one side will have a player sent off and then they'll cling on for penalties - it's happened so many times in play-off matches.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Why bother practising? You really cant create that pressure and atmosphere on the training ground. Just whoever is confident and decides to step up with a bit of lady luck on our side

I agree you can't recreate the pressure but I disagree you can't benefit from practice. Just the drill of getting the players to get used to picking their spot, not changing their minds, adjusting their run-up - has to help a bit.

Remember when Portugal put England out of the WC? They'd practiced and the keeper had done his homework on our penalty takers - not just trusted to lady luck.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Lopez, Bridge, Hammond, Vicente, Calderon.

Confident all 5 of these would score

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stat Brother suggested earlier this week that Brez should be on the bench and brought on with half a minute of extra time remaining. He has a great record of saving penalties, not sure Kuz has saved one? I like this idea if we haven't already used up all our subs :thumbsup:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would definitely have them practising but often it is how players feel at the time and obviously also who is on the pitch. Before the Swindon game, who would have predicted Virgo taking a penalty but having just scored the equaliser, it would have been impossible to stop him.

From the current squad, obviously Lopez and Vicente would take one. Ulloa and Barnes have both missed this season but will probably still take if on the pitch and someone like Bridcutt, Calderon or Hammond would be a good option.

If it does go to penalties, lets hope it is in front of the North Stand!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I always think it is quite often who can handle the pressure and have the confidence. In that respects experience players quite often do well.
Lopez
Vicente
Bridge
Ulloa
Calderon

That be my choice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills