Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Bright - credit where it's due

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Thought his commentary on 5 Live was very good and balanced last night. I'll forgive him referring to Palace as "we" all the time, and finishing with "and a Palace win hopefully" as I'd want an Albion legend to do the same.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He's a Crystal Palace emloyee. It's a joke that Radio Five use him for Palace matches.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Thought his commentary on 5 Live was very good and balanced last night. I'll forgive him referring to Palace as "we" all the time, and finishing with "and a Palace win hopefully" as I'd want an Albion legend to do the same.

Maybe he's been warned about his over the top bias ???

Normally a complete tool when broadcasting.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It was clear which side he was on (he said at one point he'd been told off by the producer for referring to Palace as 'we') but after accepting his biased viewpoint he was fair.

I'd hope an ex-Albion player would have the same level of loyalty, so I can't complain about him.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Colin Murray is good value.

Totally disagree.

There was a FANTASTIC character assassination of him by Jonathan Liew in The Telegraph a few weeks ago. Pointed out that on MOTD2 he was always cracking jokes, talking loudly over the pundits and asking questions, but not actually bothering to wait for the answer before carrying on with his self-important waffle.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Despite his pro-Palace stance (as expected) and referring to Palace as 'we' I thought he was pretty fair. He said Brighton played the better football, and was pretty damning of any diving from both sides.

Maybe I just expected a lot less of him though.

Yossarian

3rd Battalion
Apr 26, 2013
By the Adur
Totally disagree.

There was a FANTASTIC character assassination of him by Jonathan Liew in The Telegraph a few weeks ago. Pointed out that on MOTD2 he was always cracking jokes, talking loudly over the pundits and asking questions, but not actually bothering to wait for the answer before carrying on with his self-important waffle.

That's because the BBC pundits are as dull as dishwater. Now Jonathan Liew, there's a real bellend.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
That's because the BBC pundits are as dull as dishwater. Now Jonathan Liew, there's a real bellend.

Agree to disagree, on both points!

I enjoy listening to the pundits on both MOTDs, but could well do without the inane bollocks that Lineker and Murray come out with.

Likewise, I enjoy reading most of Liew's articles.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here