Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cockiness, bravado or over confidence?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
There seem to be an awful lot of people stating how we will win on Monday. My question is, or point is this, is this not exactly the attitude that was showed last season which came back to bite our backsides? I understand a certain degree of confidence, but surely a small dose of humility wouldn't go amiss? At least untill we have achieved something. Maybe it's just me feeling nervous, but this is still very finely balanced, and although quietly confident I certainly wont be shouting about things untill the tie is done and dusted.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We've got the job done away from home, now we've got to get the job done at home we're in a great position I'm quietly confident but not cocky

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Yep agree with those. If we play as we can, and have been we will be fine. If we play nervy and cagey then who knows, just don't think it's quite the time for Wembley songs, and how we're going to smash them just yet.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
long way to go yet, palace seemed pretty decent in the second half and if they carry that over they will be a threat. Although I thought we can play so much better that that.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this go to penalties.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem we had, if it was a problem, was that we did a very professional job but there was not the spark of magic from any of our players, which a number are capable of. If somebody can produce just that one spark we should be ok.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The problem we had, if it was a problem, was that we did a very professional job but there was not the spark of magic from any of our players, which a number are capable of. If somebody can produce just that one spark we should be ok.

Monday is made for Vicente coming on with 20 mins to go, cometh the hour cometh the man

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
Brighton odds slashed to 5/6 to win Palace 3/1 after first leg.
If we don't win only ourselves to blame, with the squad we have at present this has to be our best chance to get promotion
2 good games & we are there. I went Cardiff v Bristol, but that was more about getting our ground, chanting for 90 mins
Stand up if you Falmer & he's fat, he's round give us our f...ing ground. But this is way bigger than that. Haven't felt this proud
For 30 years. Roll on Monday & may my luck of not seeing a losing match at the Amex hold for one more game.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It doesn't matter how cocky, brave and confident we are on here. I don't believe people posting on a message board will make any difference to the result one way or the other. In my humble opinion we are going to win on Monday. Ha ha, I said 'humble'!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Ha ha, jinx! There's no such thing! *touches wood and crosses fingers*

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
A lot of it is relief more than over-confidence though. At Selhurst Park it could have all gone horribly wrong - but we start the home game even-stevens. And let's face it - any fair minded Palace fan will know who the better team was last night. You could see it on the faces of their fans in the crowd shots.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I think we've weathered the storm there second half. IH will have to attack now and that will leave space for us to exploit. Need to be careful but we have an advantage now for sure with the 12th man kicking in...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bollocks to that. now is the time for confidence, let a wave of bravado sweep down the stands and carry the team to victory on Monday.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
Well i'm hopeful, but not sure. I think if we play like we have been at home we'll spank them, but monday will be like a cup final and anything can happen.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think we've weathered the storm there second half. IH will have to attack now and that will leave space for us to exploit. Need to be careful but we have an advantage now for sure with the 12th man kicking in...

A bit of bravado will help the atmosphere than if people are sitting tense and nervously.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It's ours to lose now but I tend to agree with you, last night after the game and then back at the nightclub in Worthing all the talk was of Wembley, supporting the Albion and football in general does have a habit of biting you on the arse when you least expect it. Prior to last night I called the draw up there and said we would win by at least two clear goals Monday, I won't change that, but I've still got this nagging fear they could yet moss it with a totally undeserved win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here