Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're proud of you We're proud of you !!!!!!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Don't know if anyone else remembers singing
WE'RE PROUD OF YOU
WE'RE PROUD OF YOU , WE'RE PROUD OF YOU, WE'RE PROUD
To the tune of Old Lang syne
In the late 70s early 80s when the team were moving up the leagues and trips to wembley, what a great song and tribute to the players if we got a result on Monday if we could get it sung again
I know it'll never happen but be nice if it did, that's all :thumbsup:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I remember that very clearly being sung at Wembley @ the cup final in 1983 !!
Even as the Mancs went up to get the cup we totally out sung their fans all day !!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was mostly sung after we'd lost a big game

Derby and Nottingham Forest both after cup losses away are the stand out memory.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
Amazing song. No doubt some of the new breed would say it was 'cringeworthy'.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

It was just good singing it showing the players our respect towards them for exceeding expectations at the time, a bit like now FFS were 2 games 180 mins away from the prem whatever happens Monday Ill still be proud of the 11 players on the pitch at the end of the game, like Icy Gull posted it was even sung when we lost against big clubs at the time like Derby & Forest

el punal

Don't know if anyone else remembers singing
WE'RE PROUD OF YOU
WE'RE PROUD OF YOU , WE'RE PROUD OF YOU, WE'RE PROUD
To the tune of Old Lang syne
In the late 70s early 80s when the team were moving up the leagues and trips to wembley, what a great song and tribute to the players if we got a result on Monday if we could get it sung again
I know it'll never happen but be nice if it did, that's all :thumbsup:

Probably the best version that I've heard this was when we played Nottm.Forest in the League Cup (1978) at the City Ground. :albion2:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Was mostly sung after we'd lost a big game

Derby and Nottingham Forest both after cup losses away are the stand out memory.

Quite. I rather hope we won't be singing that on Monday.
That's only because at the time we were a division 3 side playing the mighty Derby(league champions a few years earlier ) &
European champions Notts Forest both away from home in the league cup lost both games but fans had a reason to feel proud

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
That's only because at the time we were a division 3 side playing the mighty Derby(league champions a few years earlier ) &
European champions Notts Forest both away from home in the league cup lost both games but fans had a reason to feel proud

Quite. And I used to love singing that song. But it was always more of a consolation song than a victorious one. If it starts up though - I will be joining in.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

Yep, can't remember which thread but the "proud of you" song being sung at the end of play off final defeat against notts County was said to be "cringeworthy"
Bloody sad as I love that song and have stood on many a terrace close tears singing it

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We haven't won anything yet!!!!!

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yep, can't remember which thread but the "proud of you" song being sung at the end of play off final defeat against notts County was said to be "cringeworthy"
Bloody sad as I love that song and have stood on many a terrace close tears singing it

The problem is today it would be sung far too fast and it would lose that almost churchy atmospheric feel to it. It's made to be sung at big grounds like Wembley, S L O W L Y. Like 'Abide with me', but that's been ruined now by having some opera singer wail over the top of the fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here