Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray getting injured

Murray getting injured - did you give a shit?

• Yes I did - even if only briefly

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • No - not at all

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Didn't see it/bottle job

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jimmy Grimble

*edit: poll should read "Murray getting injured - did you take the piss?" (change please, mod?)

Hands up if you laughed/took the piss/abused the judas when the went down injured.

Don't think there's any shame if you did in the heat of the moment when you consider the context.

Be honest. I'll hold my hands up. Abused him the moment he went down, did relent somewhat when I realised he was in a bad way.

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Wouldn't wish it on any footballer player full stop , yeah took the piss a bit at first but not good to see the lad like that.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
On sky you could clearly hear a chant of "there's **** all wrong with you" which i did laugh at! Personally I had SOME sympathy as its a nasty injury - I've done the same. However, I'm pleased he won't be playing on Monday.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I did. Still not that concerned about him. He's not one of ours and I show no more emotion than when that Peterborough muppet was injured at the Amex. Footballers get injured, part of that game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looked nasty on the TV replays, and probably ruins his transfer out of Palace in the summer. Hope he recovers though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
*edit: poll should read "Murray getting injured - did you take the piss?" (change please, mod?)
Just delete the whole thread, because it's all arse about face. So it's either:
Did you give a shit - no, not at all
Did you take the piss - no, not at all

The poll results are going to be a mess, we need a re-count.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Yes this. I didnt give a shit but i certainly didnt enjoy seeing it either.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
My first thoughts were great he's going to miss Monday... then I began to feel sorry for him... no one wants to see a bad injury

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My first thoughts were great he's going to miss Monday... then I began to feel sorry for him... no one wants to see a bad injury
Indeed. It was right in front of me, but having never suffered an ACL, and mainly thinking about the game we were watching, I wasn't thinking about whether it was serious or not. I like Murray and hope he recovers quickly.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I laughed and cheered at the time and can't say that I feel any different now.

I think we need to put it into the context of what a bad sporting injury is. A bad injury is when something happens that will affect the rest of the player's life: like a broken neck or what happened to Muamba. Murray will be fine after an op and a few months out; just like CMS will be, and KLL is now after he broke his leg back in 2010.

Murray is in a great position having just signed a 3 year deal paying him the best wage of his career. The funny part is that Palace are having to pay that and that it'll be months before they get to see any return on it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I was delighted when I saw he was injured. He's their biggest threat.

There is a massive difference with me being pleased he is not available to play and being happy he is in pain.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I think we need to put it into the context of what a bad sporting injury is. A bad injury is when something happens that will affect the rest of the player's life: like a broken neck or what happened to Muamba. Murray will be fine after an op and a few months out; just like CMS will be, and KLL is now after he broke his leg back in 2010.

Murray is in a great position having just signed a 3 year deal paying him the best wage of his career. The funny part is that Palace are having to pay that and that it'll be months before they get to see any return on it.

KLL broke an ankle and has lost some speed. Murray is now 30 and if it is cruciate ligament damage then he isn't guaranteed to play again. I know surgery now is much more advanced than even 10 years ago, but it isn't by all means certain he will play again to the same level. Navarro has missed a lot of the season at Swindon with knee problems following his injury 3 years ago with us.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Players are insured for this type of injury I would guess.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

this, i answered the poll no, as i didnt give a shit.

but i did have a little bit of a titter when it became apparent he wasnt going to be involved in the rest of the playoffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here