Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My boy has just turned 7 so I fancy a season ticket.....help me justify it?

Swervin Mervin

May 5, 2013
I work ever third Saturday so I'm not sure I can live with £710!

I've been so so so tempted recently and living in fear of 'em selling out. Just not sure I can justify the cost in 'the real world' ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I've been so so so tempted recently and living in fear of 'em selling out. Just not sure I can justify the cost in 'the real world' ???

Why would it cost that, for 1 adult and one U-10? I pay about £600 for me plus two U-16s.

Yours should be about £450 I think, in the family stand areas.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
From experience - take him to a few games that he'll be really interested in rather than Swindon at home on a wet Tuesday night. Buy tickets on an ad-hoc basis, especially if you're worried about the money.

Evening matches can be a bit much for a 7 year old on a school night, plus add in parties/social events etc on Saturdays/weekends and you can find yourself missing quite a few.

Or go for a couple of the mini-season tickets with 4 matches on, if they still do them.

Swervin Mervin

May 5, 2013
£450..where?

I was looking at west stand. There is very limited availability in N1H but there must be a reason this is the last part of the stadium to sell out.

My heart is saying 'do it'....he is 7 and is absolutely football mad (all of a sudden) and I really want to build on it but the cost is so so so expensive. I thought the whole point of season tickets was they worked out cheaper!

Where would you guys go West Stand W1I or North Stand N1H?

Dec 29, 2011
From experience - take him to a few games that he'll be really interested in rather than Swindon at home on a wet Tuesday night. Buy tickets on an ad-hoc basis, especially if you're worried about the money.

Evening matches can be a bit much for a 7 year old on a school night, plus add in parties/social events etc on Saturdays/weekends and you can find yourself missing quite a few.

Or go for a couple of the mini-season tickets with 4 matches on, if they still do them.

This is sound advice, some 7 year olds can't concentrate through a whole game either, the whole thing may become a struggle by the end of the season which you don't want. Going to 8 games a season will keep it special, while giving you enough time to see the team progress. If he still loves it, consider buying a ST for the year after (he'll still only be 8).

Swervin Mervin

May 5, 2013
This is sound advice, some 7 year olds can't concentrate through a whole game either, the whole thing may become a struggle by the end of the season which you don't want. Going to 8 games a season will keep it special, while giving you enough time to see the team progress. If he still loves it, consider buying a ST for the year after (he'll still only be 8).

Yes, yes, though he's been to a few and stayed focused!

I'm kinda being the optimist and anticipating premiership footy next season.

Whats the chances then of taking him to a few select matches?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Not being funny Mervin but if I were you, I'd give it a swerve.

If you don't want to jump on the bandwagon when we are playing some of the best football in the best stadium in our history, it's probably not for you.

I would make some sacrifices. Kill the odd night out, even the odd holiday to watch the Albion but maybe that's just me. When they were younger, I loved taking my boys to watch the Albion and we were in the lower leagues then. Not sure where you live but your lad's school mates probably go as well. It will be probably the main topic of conversation in the playground.

We may even make the prem.

pishrat

Feb 27, 2008
he's 7. explain to him the compromises he will make to have a season ticket. helping mummy with the washing whilst your at work, help cleaning the car ect.

that's what i do with my boy, let him know the ticket is his and that he has to work to keep it. just take the plunge.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not being funny Mervin but if I were you, I'd give it a swerve.

If you don't want to jump on the bandwagon when we are playing some of the best football in the best stadium in our history, it's probably not for you.

I would make some sacrifices. Kill the odd night out, even the odd holiday to watch the Albion but maybe that's just me. When they were younger, I loved taking my boys to watch the Albion and we were in the lower leagues then. Not sure where you live but your lad's school mates probably go as well. It will be probably the main topic of conversation in the playground.

We may even make the prem.
He is worried about the cost not his loyalty as a supporter.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here