Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have the plastic fans taken over this club

Jan 30, 2008
seems to be a new breed appearing on the back of some success and the stadium , how longs it going to last, really do feel their only here for the ride, makes me sick at the sight of some of these types, you know there's no real commitment in them AND THEIR KILLING THE ATMOSPHERE,OVER REACTION ON MY PART .............................don't think so ???
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
'plastic' fans spend money which the club needs.

Question, if a fan spends over £500 on a season ticket is it a plastic fan or a fair weather fan?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Because of course The Goldstone was always jumping for 90 minutes. There isn't a single instance of the crowd being quiet back then - bloody JCRs have ruined The Amex for the real fans.

spooky

Jan 1, 2008
seems to be a new breed appearing on the back of some success and the stadium , how longs it going to last, really do feel their only here for the ride, makes me sick at the sight of some of these types, you know there's no real commitment in them AND THEIR KILLING THE ATMOSPHERE,OVER REACTION ON MY PART .............................don't think so ???
regards
DR

Plastics..no!!! new younger generation of supporters, yes

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hate being at a full Amex, would much rather be getting soaked and beaten at Withdean with the other diehards :rolleyes:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
regards
DR

220px-Shane_Richie_headshot.jpg

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So you'd rather the AMEX be half full? Personally I think it's great that when you walk around Brighton you now see kids and adults wearing a Brighton shirt instead of the sea of Man U, Chelsea etc shirts.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
regards
DR

What 'atmosphere'? The few thousand (or maybe it's just a few hundred) miserable ******* 'UBER FANS' saw that off YEARS AGO :nono:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This guy is a real drag,..... can you stop posting for a year or two please,... come back when there is a real issue to moan about.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I think the real plastic fans will only start supporting the club if we get promoted and then disappear if we go back down to the Championship, we must of sold over 20k for next season to fans who don't mind which division we are in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Goldstone was MUCH quieter than the Amex. Fact.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
regards
DR

allo-allo-arthur-bostrom-as-officer-crabtree-2.jpg
Good MOANING

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Weird thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Goldstone was MUCH quieter than the Amex. Fact.

Only after Mike Bailey became manager.

The Goldstone USED to ROCK

Went from small crowds to high 20k because we were successful and then fell away again when we weren't. Exactly the same type of mentality as we are likely to see at the Amex

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
This guy is a real drag,..... can you stop posting for a year or two please,... come back when there is a real issue to moan about.
I'M NOT MOANING just making an observation from what i've seen over the past two seasons and from talking to people i've met on my travels, anything wrong in that ?
regards
DR

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
regards
DR

Incoherent, rambling drivel.

regards
SM

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here