Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question for Palace fans on here

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you prefer the rivalry like it was in the 70's or 80's, if you are old enough to remember those days?

Did you, maybe, prefer it when we were kicking around in the lower reaches of the 3rd and 4th division when you could mock from up to three divisions above us.

When we stumbled out of League One into the Championship on a couple of occasions and were way out of our depth, losing most of the few Derby games and drawing one and losing one. Was the 5-0 the pinnacle???

Or do you prefer it over the last couple of years where you've managed to hold bragging rights until recently and are going into two games where one of us could end up with a division between us again or where one gets the bragging rights until we meet again next season?

Maybe it makes no difference which divisions we have been in?

From an Albion perspective, well mine definitely, I like it how it how it is now. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to experience lording it over you from up to 3 divisions though so can't decide if I'd actually prefer that :smile:

Last edited:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
You might not get an answer.....apparently they are all at East Croydon waiting to say 'hi'. The meter is running in their taxi though

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I started going in the 70's, and it was always "the game".
The hooliganism was at a high, and there was always trouble home and away, so there are lots of memories, good and bad.
With you losing the Goldstone,and tumbling down the leagues, our paths rarely crossed, but when we did, it brought all the old feelings back.
TBH, with your new stadium and major investment, and only thing missing is dominance over us for a period of time, and I feel that's what's causing all the bravado leading up to the games, win it and you've got major bragging rights, lose it and it's back to normal service.
The majority of posts haven't really given us a chance and it's all about who you'll prefer in the final, and that could be your un-doing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The hooliganism was at a high, and there was always trouble home and away, so there are lots of memories, good and bad.
With you losing the Goldstone,and tumbling down the leagues, our paths rarely crossed, but when we did, it brought all the old feelings back.
TBH, with your new stadium and major investment, and only thing missing is dominance over us for a period of time, and I feel that's what's causing all the bravado leading up to the games, win it and you've got major bragging rights, lose it and it's back to normal service.
The majority of posts haven't really given us a chance and it's all about who you'll prefer in the final, and that could be your un-doing.

Yeah,but none of us are playing,I always find it strange that people think that they can jinx a result with over confidence,when all the bookies who don't often get it wrong have us as odds on favourites.Having said that, I wouldn't bet on us ,just to be on the safe side

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009

No way have most posts not given you a chance! Most people on here are ridiculously nervous, and rightly so.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

Some fans' confidence could be our un-doing? Do you mean, like, they affect the way the team plays?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here