Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many times have you had to explain our rivalry...?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
This season? Or even the last couple of weeks.

It's starting to annoy me now, it's not as if it's something that has just popped up over the last year or two. You would've thought most genuine football fans would have at least an idea of it by now.

I've got to the point where I'm just saying 'Oh, we had a couple of games a few years back where things got a bit heated. Look it up.'

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Most of my housemates at Uni aren't football people at all, try explaining the concept of a football rivalry to somebody who doesnt even understand football. Its like talking to a goldfish.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Agree, it's boring now. Arsenal/Spurs, Liverpool/Everton don't have to keep explaining it. And if other people don't undersrtand it, f**k 'em, they don't have to. To be fair there were some waverers even among the two sets of fans themselves at one time, but hardly surprising it fizzled out a bit, wasn't it something like 3 times in the dame division in 20-plus years? Hard to see real intensity when you're just not playing regularly.

But it was always going to come back and any Palace fan who didn't think we would be back at their level playing-wise and crowd-wise once we got ourselves sorted was just deluding themselves.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I got told the following this morning - "so your club has been in a 35 yr spat as a result of 2 ex spurs players fighting...doesn't sound like anything to do with Palace and Brighton per se" and that "eagles v seagulls...sounds like a mismatch to me, just a pair of birds brawling..."
I didn't bother replying....

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
The most annoying thing is when people say "But Brighton and Palace are miles apart, they can't be rivals."

Amex to Selhurst - 46 miles
Home Park to St James' Park (Exeter) - 46 miles
Elland Road to Old Trafford - 48 miles
:whistle:

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Tried explaining to many people in Denmark when they have asked... Least there are lots of articles on the net now so I can just point them in the right direction

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It's not in the Premier League and therefore by definition will not be understood by anyone who hasn't had it spoon fed to them over the past 20 years by Sky, The Sun. We Love It and Talksport.

If Palace and the Albion ever got to the Premier League, together, it would be elevated to Premier League rivalry status i.e. even Andy Gray would get it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here