Today's bizzare headline is......

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I posted this earlier today. Seemed to just pass everyone by :whistle:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Norman Norman [MENTION=5384]Norman Potting[/MENTION] Today's bizzare headline is...... I don't think so, give me 2 minutes.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Oh dear. There was a time when he was a very cool celeb fan to have. No longer.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Hope Des will be able to clarify how his party are going to fund their tax cuts - and maybe put it in verse. I love Des, but there's always a danger when you talk politics with someone that they'll turn out not to share your views.

Largely by leaving the EU, given the amount of money is spent. Although how long would the tax cuts will last is something to question. There is, without a doubt - a lot of needless spending.

• £11.65bn is the total raised from the UK. This includes money raised in duties within the UK and passed on to the EU. The UK receives a 25% fee of £718.16m for this. Within that…
• £9.54bn is the UK's national contribution, which is largely based on the size of our economy. It also includes other adjustments and £2.11bn from VAT

source: EU budget: how much does each country pay and where does it get spent? | News | guardian.co.uk

What we've got back is pocket money. I agree with UKIP's policy of ensuring minimum wage workers don't pay any tax, but other than that, I can't see tax being bought down much unless we saw major cuts in government spending.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Largely by leaving the EU, given the amount of money is spent.

They'll need a whole lot more than the refund of our net EU contribution. As you say, they'll have to cut public spending, or perhaps look to recoup corporate and personal tax that has been avoided. However, it's not fair to criticise until they've actually published their proposals - we wait with baited breath...

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
It never ceases to amaze me that people vote along party lines in a local election. If you put in a protest vote at a local election you will end up with a council that has no experience of local government and suffer the consequences. At local elections vote for councillors, not parties. National elections are the time to vote for parties.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It is genuinely a terrifying prospect that a far right party gains any kind of power in the UK.

Shame on you Des, hopefully this is just a poorly considered knee jerk reaction from an elderly but genuinely nice chap like him.

Hmmm...

Something about this post seems...

Stupid...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It is genuinely a terrifying prospect that a far right party gains any kind of power in the UK.

Shame on you Des, hopefully this is just a poorly considered knee jerk reaction from an elderly but genuinely nice chap like him.
Some say the same about far left...they have had their share of trying to put this country on a balanced budget...and failed every time...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here