[Official Site] Past Pushes Orlandi

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
orlandi-l229-817064_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
12:51 10th May 2013
by Adam Tighe
Andrea Orlandi has tasted promotion to the Premier League before but says his lack of contribution in the play-offs that season is driving him on.
Orlandi was part of the Swansea City squad that went up in 2010/11 season, although the former Barcelona man failed to feature in the end-of-season games.
The Spaniard told seagulls.co.uk, “When I was at Swansea I was on the bench and I didn’t play the semi-finals or the final, so it is something I have thought about over the years.
“I felt maybe I had lost my chance to play at Wembley, the last train as we say in Spain. But why not this year? I may have the chance again so I am going to be putting all my efforts in to make it happen.
"I feel a big part of the team and the club at the moment; it is a big responsibility but I am really enjoying it, and having the chance to do something special for this club."
Albion travel to Selhurst Park tonight for the first leg of their play-off semi-final against fierce rivals Crystal Palace, and the midfielder has tasted both the good and bad side of the fixture against the Eagles this season, although the significance of the rivalry is not lost on him.
“It is a rivalry that got explained to me when I started, and when I was at a fans' forum a couple of week ago in Horsham they asked me if I knew what the rivalry meant. But I know what it means, I know it is special for the fans and the club.
“When they told me how much it actually meant it makes you realise how you have to give everything on the pitch.
“The first experience I had of a Palace game was not that good for me as I broke my rib and we lost 3-0. It was a hard game but we made up for it at home beating them 3-0, and you could see how special the atmosphere was around the ground.
“We know there is going to be a big atmosphere, I believe it is a sell-out but we will feel the support of our fans. We are ready and prepared to play a good game.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here