Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off countdown: Hammond plays down favourites' tag [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Play-off countdown: Hammond plays down favourites' tag[/h]1:00pm Friday 10th May 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2444064.jpg
Dean Hammond in action at Selhurst Park this season
Dean Hammond is quietly confident of play-off success – but he has played down talk that Albion are favourites to reach Wembley.
The midfielder from Hastings could be a key figure tonight as the Seagulls go to Crystal Palace for the first leg of their play-off semi-final.
Hammond believes Albion have no need to fear the trip to Selhurst Park.
But he is also cooling talk that they are expected to progress.
He said: “I’m not sure if there any favourites or outsiders. They are one-off games really.
“I know it is over two legs but form can go out of the window.
“We are quietly confident. We have been confident all season.
“I have said before we don’t fear anyone in this league and, when we are playing at our best and we are in our rhythm, then we are a really good team. We are looking forward to it.”
Albion were last night odds-on to win the tie overall but you could get 2/1 on them to beat the Eagles on their own turf. Palace were generally 6/4 to win tonight's match.
The Seagulls will be been keen to erase memories of their last trip to Selhurst Park, when they had Lewis Dunk sent off early and lost 3-0.
Hammond added: “I am not sure we can learn too much from that game because we were down to ten men after five or six minutes which was difficult but things can happen in games and we have to be prepared for them.
“It is a hard place to go, Selhurst Park, but we will be up for it.
“Hopefully we keep eleven men and it will be a more even game.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here