Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We love being the underdogs"

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
How many times has that been said by Palace fans over the last week?

This is odd as all season long they have been telling us that they are superior to us in every department!!

Hey ho - I guess it's good that they now know their place. :thumbsup:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
It's a phrase coined as insurance by those who expect to lose, but enables them extra gloating rights should they happen to win.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's the most pathetic of all the Palace nonsense that's been on here for a while. They're pretending they have no chance, when they really know they have every chance (even if they're feeling pessimistic). Just like we know we can easily lose this, even though some people are feeling confident.
This is odd as all season long they have been telling us that they are superior to us in every department!!
Exactly. We've probably only got one player that would get into their side (so they told us all year), and they have the best starting 11 in the division - but suddenly they're MASSIVE underdogs, which is just how they like it. Idiots.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Seeing as we are still comparatively inexperienced at this level and the fact they have the league's top scorer, a Man Utd winger and a more than impressive recent track record against us (not including that last glorious victory), I still see us as the underdogs. Form counts for nothing in games like this.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The thing is, I get what they are saying.

The whole time I have supported Brighton we have been the underdogs. All through the Withdean years we battled against better equipped teams. No one expected anything from little Brighton, so when we did win the beer tasted that much sweeter because of it.

Now I find myself in a situation where I don't know how to feel. The excited anticipation has been replaced by a nervous anticipation. I don't think it is even because we are playing Palace, it is because the prize is so much bigger than before and because people actually expect us to do well.

These are the best of times, but somehow, these are the gut-wrenching worst of times.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I like the fact the want Holloway to put all these threads up whilst his giving the pre match tram talk to spur them on..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"We've loved being complete and utter toilet for the last two months, only scraping into the playoffs on the last day of the season with a lucky win against a relegated team."

Understood.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I like the fact the want Holloway to put all these threads up whilst his giving the pre match tram talk to spur them on..

But they largely hate Holloway and think his tactics are completely responsible for the whole club not sunning themselves on a Marbella beach already, reflecting on their automatic promotion successes.

What Holloway touches at Palace seems to turn to shit. They know it. We know it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Except in their minds they expect to win but they want that extra gloat anyway .... no way at all they believe they will lose

This is it.

We all know how they love to gloat on here. They are just trying to make tonight's potential gloating as painful as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here