Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off countdown: Palace skipper is on Albion's radar [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Play-off countdown: Palace skipper is on Albion's radar[/h]9:00am Friday 10th May 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2444349.jpg
Mile Jedinak, left, has impressed against Albion
ALBION have Crystal Palace captain Mile Jedinak on their radar.
They could make a move for the Australian international midfielder if they beat Palace in the play-offs and are promoted to the Premier League.
Jedinak was named Palace’s player of the season by supporters earlier this week instead of 30-goal Glenn Murray or Manchester United-bound winger Wilfried Zaha.
The 28-year-old has been linked with Stoke and now Poyet has revealed his admiration ahead of tonight’s Championship play-off semi-final first leg at Selhurst Park.
Poyet told The Argus: “I agree with the fans. I think he is the best player, no doubt, because he can command, play in different positions. He can give you a big hand, not only in midfield but at the back if it is needed.
“He knows the game well. He’s a good leader. When we play against opposing teams we always look for players because you never know where you are going to be.
“We talk after the games about what you like, what you didn’t like, and he was always a player we talk about after playing Palace.”
Left-back Wayne Bridge returns to the Albion defence tonight after a rest from the last two games of the regular season to nurse a hamstring niggle.
The Seagulls’ chances of keeping hold of Bridge and fellow former England loan defender Matt Upson could hinge on promotion.
Poyet said: “Without any doubt it is a matter of finances. Even the Football League want the Championship final to be the last game of the season, because it is the biggest prize for the team that goes up. The difference is so big that it will for sure influence things.
“If for any reason something doesn’t go fantastic I’m sure they are going to have to make a big effort to stay here, more than us, which we’ll see. We didn’t talk about that.
“It is a very strange, unique situation we’ve got now and we need to be very pleased with the players’ reactions of playing a fantastic way knowing - I think it is ten of them - are out of contract in the summer.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here