Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This whole ID thing

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
It doesn't actually specify photo ID, does it? The only photo ID I have is my passport, and there's no way I'm taking that to football.

Surely bank cards etc are proof enough of ID?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Can't see a single person being checked, with 2,000 in a queue with 30 mins before kick off, leafing through a list of 2,000 to tick a box ain't happening without 1,900 missing kick off

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
It doesn't actually specify photo ID, does it? The only photo ID I have is my passport, and there's no way I'm taking that to football.

Won't be an issue. Bank card will be fine. As mentioned already unless you are being a dickhead you won't get asked anyway.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is a stupid concept to not specify what is required and as stated if enforced a lot of people may never actually get to see the game.

I suspect it will only be enforced if there is trouble and then used as part of the reason for detaining someone.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
They won't check any, if you cause any problems they will probably ask your name then radio it in to see if you're on database for the match, that's it

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very good question by the OP, as the printed conditions received with the ticket did not specify photo ID. Not everyone has a driving licence and taking your passport to a football game is ridiculous, especially when the match ticket has no details of the purchaser on them.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Just tell the police your DOB and your mother's maiden name. This is sufficient to identify me at the bank so i'm sure it will be fine with the Met.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The ID and ticket matching the ID is a retrospective measure surely i.e. you cause bother and they find out you used someone else's ticket then you and the other person are banned. It will not happen on the night.

The Optimist

Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Very good question by the OP, as the printed conditions received with the ticket did not specify photo ID. Not everyone has a driving licence and taking your passport to a football game is ridiculous, especially when the match ticket has no details of the purchaser on them.

It's quite possible for someone to have neither a driving license or a passport.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nope.

The whole thing is ridiculous, the tickets don't even have individual names on anyway!

Exactly, what is the check against. Everyone will have to sit in their allocated seat, so I guess you could identify people from that, but otherwise the way I see it any document with a name on must suffice.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
The tactic from the Met worked, I think, a lot of people seem to have been put off buying tickets. There is no ****ing way I am taking my passport to a football match, and if I got banned for not doing so then that would be it for me anyway, the game would be well and truly dead. Obviously that's not actually going to happen, anyway, they're just trying to scare people into behaving themselves. Which I will (unless we lose of course, then those random Norwood resident's car wing mirrors who have nothing to do with Crystal Palace are going to be in big trouble).

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Photocopy the info/photo page of yr passport? Or take a photo of it on yr phone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here