Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dinner on the train to Selhurst

I'm leaving Shoreham at 1600 and hope to be in the Bell for 1630. I aim to leave the Bell about 1800 to get the train to the game, but I need to eat.

Is there anything near the station that passes for decent takeaway food that I can munch, without making too much of a mess on the train?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I'm leaving Shoreham at 1600 and hope to be in the Bell for 1630. I aim to leave the Bell about 1800 to get the train to the game, but I need to eat.

Is there anything near the station that passes for decent takeaway food that I can munch, without making too much of a mess on the train?

How have you managed before, not necessarily at football, but whenever your travel plans have coincided with meal times ?

I'd normally plan a meal around my travels, which is kind of what I am doing now. I could eat before I leave for Brighton or leave the Bell earlier, but work prevents an earlier departure and I'm keen to maximise my time in the pub. The 35 mins dead time on the train seemed the perfect time to eat on what's going to be a frantic day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Get a meal from M & S at the station

For someone who has no idea what is around Brighton Station, other than the Bell, I thought someone may have been able to suggest a nice takeaway or burger etc.

Guessing the helpful ones are still asleep or on their way to work........ Strewth!!!!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
There's a fish and chip shop and also a kebab place near the station but you're probaby best off getting food from M&S

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Isn't there a fish and chip shop near the station that has the honour of receiving no stars via the scores on the doors scheme?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Get a meal from M & S at the station

That is no way to prepare for a raid into enemy territory.

Rations_K_Early.gif

Pass these around boys

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Get something outside Selhurst. There was a good chippy, not sure where it is in relation to Selhurst or the station.
So I guess this post is a some what unnecessary.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Get a FFS Ruby Murray from Spice Nutriment on Queens Rd.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do you really want to be eating on train packed like sardines at 6pm?

Plenty of places to eat near Brighton station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here