Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple iMessage query

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I have treated Mrs Frogs to an iPad mini for her birthday for which she is suitably delighted.

My query is this. Having set it up using my iTunes account, I find that the instant messaging on her iPad mini has now attached itself to my iPad and iPhone. This means that when I send an iMessage from my iPhone to her iPad she receives it but so do I.

Is there any way of rectifying this without setting up a new iTunes account for her? Or is that the only solution?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I have treated Mrs Frogs to an iPad mini for her birthday for which she is suitably delighted.

My query is this. Having set it up using my iTunes account, I find that the instant messaging on her iPad mini has now attached itself to my iPad and iPhone. This means that when I send an iMessage from my iPhone to her iPad she receives it but so do I.

Is there any way of rectifying this without setting up a new iTunes account for her? Or is that the only solution?

You can switch off iMessage in the settings.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
You can switch off iMessage in the settings.

I don't want to switch it off - I want her to have the ability to send me an iMessage, but not get a copy of it bounce back to her iPad.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Because IMessage runs from your Apple ID, you need to set up either your Iphone, Ipod or Ipad with the user's own account. So, in otherwords, if you are using YOUR Apple ID, then you need to set another one up. Once you have done that, you can then switch between Apple ID's by going into Settings --> Itunes --> tap on the APPLE ID: XXX@YYY.COM id

It's pretty easy,

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
You can go to your apple account and just set up another email/ username on your account and just that under your primary apple id and use that one for iMessage, remember to goto settings and iMessage and tick the correct addys to receive messages at

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Because IMessage runs from your Apple ID, you need to set up either your Iphone, Ipod or Ipad with the user's own account. So, in otherwords, if you are using YOUR Apple ID, then you need to set another one up. Once you have done that, you can then switch between Apple ID's by going into Settings --> Itunes --> tap on the APPLE ID: XXX@YYY.COM id

It's pretty easy,

Makes sense - thanks

You can go to your apple account and just set up another email/ username on your account and just that under your primary apple id and use that one for iMessage, remember to goto settings and iMessage and tick the correct addys to receive messages at

Thats what I thought I had done but once I started messaging it decided to amalgamate everything to one ID.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Well that is the answer to your question, if you read my answer properly.

There are ways of giving answers - some are helpful and informative, some are not.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
There are ways of giving answers - some are helpful and informative, some are not.

She needs her own email address so that she has a separate iMessage account. Under "Messages" on her settings, they'll be a "Recieve At" option... this is how apple uniquely identifies users and normally defaults to the Apple ID used when you set the pod/pad/phone first time.

Long time since I had to configure my son's ipod, but I'm sure this is where it is.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
She needs her own email address so that she has a separate iMessage account. Under "Messages" on her settings, they'll be a "Recieve At" option... this is how apple uniquely identifies users and normally defaults to the Apple ID used when you set the pod/pad/phone first time.

Long time since I had to configure my son's ipod, but I'm sure this is where it is.

Thanks - I have just gone and changed those settings - hopefully that will do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here