Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Pubs

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Stumbled across The Black Friar today but could not partake as was on my way to a meeting. Looked fantastic from the outside and I have googled the inside. Next time I'm in there.

Might plan a crawl of traditional London Hostelry's. Anyone got any other gems.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
Right round the corner from my office, can vouch for many a lunchtime pint in there!

I also quite like the punch tavern in Fleet Street near there

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Cittie of York near Chancery Lane is a bit different and old school. The George Inn in Borough is so old school it is owned by the National Trust or similar and the mens toilets is outside.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Been there (The Black Friar), steeped in history, used to be a monastery, as the name would suggest.

I want to do the Monopoly board pub crawl!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Been there (The Black Friar), steeped in history, used to be a monastery, as the name would suggest.

I want to do the Monopoly board pub crawl!

Sounds like a plan. ALBION PUB crawl anyone? could be a REMF thing for those that can't run. Dare I say we could invite some Nigels as an all in a good cause type of thing.

Ooh I just gone dizzy.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not much variety on the beer front but I do have a soft spot for The Pilot in Gunnersbury.

The Ship and Shovel near Charing Cross is another favourite. Two pubs for the price of one.

CIMG2138.JPG

So what if there is a street running between the bars ?

My old local The Landor is a pub worth visiting in Clapham simply because its probably the only pub in London with a theatre upstairs.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Been there too, same pub, different sides of the street. Closer to Embankment than Charing Cross.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The Black Friar's an old favourite. Ditto the George Inn. Also a vote here for the Lamb & Flag in Covent Garden, and a tipped hat to Ye Olde Mitre in Hatton Garden.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Ship and shovell top pub ,The harp 5mins walk away in Chandos Place a good solid boozer,Buckingham Arms 2 mins from St James's PK Tube been listed in every Good Beer Guide since 1973 only open 12 to 5 0n Saturday so many i could name that i've been in.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Used to use the Buckingham regularly... all the pubs around Petty France close at the weekends, or early, they're office pubs essentially.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here