Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer..

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
Is he actually out of contract?

Will he be part of Gus Poyet's future plans, be it in the Championship or Premier League?

I ask this as it's well known that we've (Barnsley) had interest in him previously, and having just released two centre halves I can see him being a target again.

Thanks for your help.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Gus has already tried to sign Virgil Van Dijk from Groningen for around £2m, but according to the players agent there are others interested, and with Upson out of contract and playing well, I would assume he would be a target. Gordon could slip down the pecking order here. A possibility he would leave for a suitable offer.

Would hope Dunk will still be here, but not sure El-Abd will be around long-term if we were to get promoted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not convinced Gus would offer Greer the length of contract Greer would be looking for, what with it likely to be the last one he signs, irrespective what division we are in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is an appearance related clause in his current contract which looks like it will trigger another offer from the club. Nothing is known on what will happen to all the players who are out of contract until everything is done and dusted with the play offs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd be surprised if he ended up at Barnsley. I'd imagine there are plenty of bigger clubs able to offer more favourable terms if it did all go Pete Tong down here.

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
I'd be surprised if he ended up at Barnsley. I'd imagine there are plenty of bigger clubs able to offer more favourable terms if it did all go Pete Tong down here.
He's a friend of Flitcroft's, share the same agent too.

Thanks for all the replies/info anyway.

Appreciated. And good luck tomorrow.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He has formed a fantastic partnership with Upson, if we can hold onto him then Greer really should stay

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Is he actually out of contract?

Will he be part of Gus Poyet's future plans, be it in the Championship or Premier League?

I ask this as it's well known that we've (Barnsley) had interest in him previously, and having just released two centre halves I can see him being a target again.

Thanks for your help.

Cant see us letting greer go, he's been fantastic with upson in the last few months. Had this question been asked about 4 months ago, i could have seen him leaving. With all due respect also, i can't imagine he would sign for barnsley unless you offered him decent-hugh wages and a 3 year contract

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is an appearance related clause in his current contract which looks like it will trigger another offer from the club. Nothing is known on what will happen to all the players who are out of contract until everything is done and dusted with the play offs.

:yawn: stop pretending you are 'ITK'

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
Have you changed your mind and decided to cheer us on instead?
No.

I'll be cheering nobody on.

Just thought it was the done thing to wish you luck.

I would prefer Palace to win, down to good relations with them, but it's irrelevant I suppose.

Good luck to you both.

Anybody got a link?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here