Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Attendance for the Palace away and home legs

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder what they'll be?

I reckon 23,000 tops for tomorrow - the Met have insisted on a quite ridiculous sized buffer zone in the AW which is going to reduce the crowd size. I do believe Palace are close to selling out apart from that.

I'll go for 28,900 on Monday (unless we are 4 down *shudder* after tomorrow). I just don't think we'll sell 30,000 tickets in such a short space of time.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
22,150 and 30,050. The club haven't had to sell 30,000 tickets as vast majority of ST holders will have jumped at the chance to take their seats. Plus, obviously, Palace have 2,000 of them and they'll be 600 knocked off for segregation.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All the Palace plastics will be out for such a big game at their rundown hovel :wink:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I may sound a bit thick (yeah I know I'll be jumped on for that) but we don't get our ST seat do we? It's all been sold like a cup game?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
24000 tomorrow and 29750 Monday......

but

how many will be on the pitch come 9.40pm Monday....29750 or 2200!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wonder what they'll be?

I reckon 23,000 tops for tomorrow - the Met have insisted on a quite ridiculous sized buffer zone in the AW which is going to reduce the crowd size. I do believe Palace are close to selling out apart from that.

I'll go for 28,900 on Monday (unless we are 4 down *shudder* after tomorrow). I just don't think we'll sell 30,000 tickets in such a short space of time.

Pretty sure if it sells out it won't be 30k anyway cos of bigger segregation. I assumed we'd sold out but guess you're saying we haven't?

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
I may sound a bit thick (yeah I know I'll be jumped on for that) but we don't get our ST seat do we? It's all been sold like a cup game?

you have it reserved for you - but you have to go to the ticket site online and pay for it (unless you are on the auto system). not sure of the deadline though. if you do nothing they will sell it to someone else i should think

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
you have it reserved for you - but you have to go to the ticket site online and pay for it (unless you are on the auto system). not sure of the deadline though. if you do nothing they will sell it to someone else i should think

Makes me a bit thick then, as I said! I ended up buying one in West Lower thinking my ticket was sold... c'est la vie!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We'll be over 30,000 surely?

Palace won't get 23k - they couldn't muster that for a cup semi - final last year.

Ours will be 30k.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Possibly the wrong thread to talk about this, but I do love how so many Palace fans (those that are semi-literate) bang on about how we have picked up a 'plastic' element and much of our support have another club as a first team.

Firstly, how can one quantify, other than asking every punter and expecting them to tell the truth?

They point towards us rising from 7,000 to 28,000+. They obviously didn't participate in their science classes. It's not a fair test. If they are comparing themselves, I assume they spent years in destitute and not just waiting for some mug to pick them up on the cheap.

It doesn't bother me, either way, that they might think we have 3/4 of a crowd that don't follow Brighton as their no. 1 team, it bothers me that they are thickets.

I also noted that some goon on BBS was suggesting our £140m expenditure (on the ground and the training ground) was a budget they had to compete against... After years of lording it over us, the simpletons are holding our outlay of a ground and future against us?

They also talk about how cheap their squad is. A 'free transfer' is not 'free', far from it. Something the fanbase seem a little confused about.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Possibly the wrong thread to talk about this, but I do love how so many Palace fans (those that are semi-literate) bang on about how we have picked up a 'plastic' element and much of our support have another club as a first team.

Firstly, how can one quantify, other than asking every punter and expecting them to tell the truth?

They point towards us rising from 7,000 to 28,000+. They obviously didn't participate in their science classes. It's not a fair test. If they are comparing themselves, I assume they spent years in destitute and not just waiting for some mug to pick them up on the cheap.

It doesn't bother me, either way, that they might think we have 3/4 of a crowd that don't follow Brighton as their no. 1 team, it bothers me that they are thickets.

I also noted that some goon on BBS was suggesting our £140m expenditure (on the ground and the training ground) was a budget they had to compete against... After years of lording it over us, the simpletons are holding our outlay of a ground and future against us?

They also talk about how cheap their squad is. A 'free transfer' is not 'free', far from it. Something the fanbase seem a little confused about.

when i pcture the above situation in my mind, i see a vicki pollard type character, in full stripey nigel gettup, 'yeah but, no but' their entire way through all what you have mentioned.

'yeah, but no, but yeah, but no cause we didnt have some sugar daddy come and build us a new stadium and we have a loyal fan base, and it doesnt matter anyway cause dougie freedman was crap and we never wanted him anyway'

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
when i pcture the above situation in my mind, i see a vicki pollard type character, in full stripey nigel gettup, 'yeah but, no but' their entire way through all what you have mentioned.

'yeah, but no, but yeah, but no cause we didnt have some sugar daddy come and build us a new stadium and we have a loyal fan base, and it doesnt matter anyway cause dougie freedman was crap and we never wanted him anyway'

I was aiming for an partially educated approach :down:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We have, and they do.

Evidence, please sir.

I'm not suggesting we have gone from 7k to 30k dye in the wool fans. I know a fair few who have taken to the club, not necessarily adopted us. I think they are underestimating us though. Not that is does/should bother me that they think.

I've never quite understood the plastic thing anyway. Surely a plastic stays at home and watches their team from the comfort of their own home.

Thinking about it, further, I shouldn't care if someone supports another team. It's not for me, but at least they pay to turn up (even if they happen to upset someone by leaving early or criticising the beer or what-have-you).

I'm tying myself in knots. Help!

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
KCJKFJ9.jpg

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Palace V Brighton 24,100

Brighton V Palace 29,800