Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'll be honest...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
My confidence has been shattered by the simplest of things.

I've been walking around the office with a smug air of confidence. My screensaver proudly displays the 3-0 scorline from previous.

Then, a palace supporting colleague simply says "I think we could win".

That was enough. "oh shit. Oh SHIT" I thought. "They COULD win"

My stomach now feels like I haven't eaten for days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bit concerned how the atmosphere will probably help the scum raise their game tomorrow night. HOWEVER we have bags of big game experience in the side :thumbsup:

Nope that hasn't worked...still crapping myself

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't really want us to go up this year, we're not ready, but we're close now, so bloody close.
We'll never be more ready. We've had a manager for 3 1/2 years, so the our style is established, as is the unity between the players. Of course we'll need to make improvements, but that's always true of clubs going up. If we don't go up, we could lose our manager and a few players, and start next season weaker than we've finished this one.

But I don't think we'll go up.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
im trying not think about it, my head says we are a better team, much better team, but my heart says that they will have the last laugh and I cant get that out of my head!! i feel tomorrow is just going to be a disappointment and I may stick £50 on a palace win, that way I earn a few bob which may cheer me up...a little bit.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
To think we drew 18 games this season. If we'd converted TWO to wins we would have gone up auto, and if we had converted six of them, we'd have been championese :) The good form we have shown of late would indicate that we are peaking at the right time, and no doubt have the squad, guile and self-belief to bulldozer our way up :thumbsup:

The atmos at the Amex on Monday will be electric irrespective of Friday's result, and this is what being a footy, and especially, a BHA fan, is all about, innit ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You need to watch Gus speech at the Player of the Season awards, again.

That sorted me right out.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've gone from over confident, to quietly confident, to not confident at all, to a state of almost blind panic. Are they feeling the same? I assume so. I hope so.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Swinging wildly from cold-stone confidence to panic of a stupid decision from a ref and Kush getting sent-off in the first minute, and shades between.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm very worried that there are injuries we don't know about.....
Koosh
Bridge

In particular

Getting nervous

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
i just feel sick and am fairly irritable and not my normal self. when people realise why, i get that rather pitiful look - which is making me more sick and irritable. I need to shout at things!

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I can't ever remember being this nervous (and I was at Hereford!) they are either going to be two of the best or worst nights of our lives.

All us lucky few who are going can do is sing loud, sing proud and pray for a decent ref!

COME ON SEAGULLS!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I am and have been since Saturday. I noticed today how irritable and pissed off with everyone and everything I am and attributed it to work annoying me as it usually does but looking at this thread and reflecting back I think yep, it's this whole googling build up that is causing it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm very worried that there are injuries we don't know about.....
Koosh
Bridge
Those are the one we know we don't know about. Those are the known unknowns. There are also the known knowns, like CMS and Hoskins. What worries me is the unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know about.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I could actually vomit with nerves. That 1-3 at the Amex is still fresh in the mind because I felt SO confident before that one. Even with our good run going into this, got a horrible horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here