Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time to ditch Sky?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I have been a sky customer for over 10 years, and have the full TV package with them, plus broadband and phone line. The cost per month is just short of £100. With the new BT deal I was wondering if Sky offers the best package these days. Will anyone else be thinking of ditching Sky for BT or something else?

What do you think?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Dumped Sky a year ago for Freesat HD+. One-off £200 investment, no bills.

I do miss the footie sometimes but couldn't justify the ongoing cost of Sky.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Ditched Sky several years ago after a row with them. Any football I want to see I pirate on the Internet and I see new movies at £3.75 per show at the local cinema.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
I have been a sky customer for over 10 years, and have the full TV package with them, plus broadband and phone line. The cost per month is just short of £100. With the new BT deal I was wondering if Sky offers the best package these days. Will anyone else be thinking of ditching Sky for BT or something else?

What do you think?

Having exactly the same thoughts! can be without my sky sports though!
BT customer service is shocking the worst I have ever known! and I cant get Virgin in my area... but £90 a month is a bit much eh?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sky Atlantic is only on Sky , other platforms won't have as many HD channels. Some platforms won't have all the channels. If you're switching to BT the BT Sports package is "free" but factored into the overall cost , after 12 months if you want to watch those channels in HD it will an extra £3 a month (charge is waived for the first year if you sign up for broadband before the end of July 2013)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Surely people will wait and see what Sky offer in retaliation to today's news. They are not going to sit back and watch their broadband business disappear thanks to BT's marketing (not such a good deal when you break it down)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Just call them and tell them your thinking of leaving the price soon comes down, they offered us fibre optic plus 30 notes of the bill.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The other plus with virgin, if it goes wrong, they come and fix it. You don't own their equipment so theres no going through insurance companies trying to get problems sorted. One thing I can't get is Sky Atlantic, I've never watched it anyway

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sky Atlantic is only on Sky , other platforms won't have as many HD channels. Some platforms won't have all the channels. If you're switching to BT the BT Sports package is "free" but factored into the overall cost , after 12 months if you want to watch those channels in HD it will an extra £3 a month (charge is waived for the first year if you sign up for broadband before the end of July 2013)

Is it still an extra £10 to get the Sky HD channels ? One of the many reasons I left them !

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I used to get that all the time with the sky+, thankfully only had to do one off at the wall then back on again since I've had it

My box seems to do it at least 2/3 times a week, spoke to virgin and got told that they a currently doing some work on the cables ect in coldean, think i might give them another call! but apart from that well impressed with tivo.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it still an extra £10 to get the Sky HD channels ? One of the many reasons I left them !
£10.25 a month if on the full package , there is a reduced price of £5.25 a month for those on the recently introduced Entertainment Plus package.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
£10.25 a month if on the full package , there is a reduced price to £5.25 a month for those on the recently introduced Entertainment Plus package.

Well bugger me !!!!! Bloody cheek to STILL be charging extra for HD - all included in the Virgin price.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Just call them and tell them your thinking of leaving the price soon comes down, they offered us fibre optic plus 30 notes of the bill.

Tried this... they reduced the price of the sport package to £5 a month for 3 months (roughly £15/16 saving) but go's back to full price afterwards which is conveintly when the football season starts again... clever buggers

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Tried this... they reduced the price of the sport package to £5 a month for 3 months (roughly £15/16 saving) but go's back to full price afterwards which is conveintly when the football season starts again... clever buggers
mmm I went to the disconnection dept and told them to cut it off before they started groveling give it a try if you haven't already.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
mmm I went to the disconnection dept and told them to cut it off before they started groveling give it a try if you haven't already.

This.

Done it a few times with Virgin.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012

certainly no harm in trying i guess! Knowing my luck they will call my bluff...
The whole BT thing is a good bit of amo thought, I would guess they are over run today with call of people threatening to leave

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here