Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo released by Bristol Rovers

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Defender Adam Virgo and goalkeeper Scott Bevan have not been given new contracts but will remain with the club as they recover from injury.

Virgo, 30, missed the majority of the season with a knee problem while Bevan, 33, has not played since the 2011-12 season because of an ongoing wrist problem.

"Neither of them have played a game since I've been here so we're not in a position to renew them," manager John Ward told BBC Radio Bristol. "But we have a duty of care to make sure the guys are given the best opportunity to move on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Virgo is a quite marvellous addition to Twitter too. Some of his Albion related tweets recently have been funny. As was his comment about Swindon losing in this year's play off semi-finals too :lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Surprised that there have been three responses so far and no one has said (ironically or otherwise) "Could do a job"!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Virgo is a quite marvellous addition to Twitter too. Some of his Albion related tweets recently have been funny. As was his comment about Swindon losing in this year's play off semi-finals too :lolol:

It seems he's been getting a bit of grief from Swindon fans... and isn't taking it lying down.

[tweet]331519279113592833[/tweet]

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It had NOTHING to do with Gordon Strachan and Mark McGhee being best mates.

NOTHING.

How DARE you imply anything other than ability and talent got him that big move...

In all seriousness though, was one my favourite players when he was here and was sad a) when he left the first time and b) when Adams insisted in playing him in steadily more insane positions in his second stint. I mean RIGHT-WING FFS? Gimme a break.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£1.5 million was actually the greatest footballing robbery of all time. Says an awful lot about the MTL that Celtic's board of directors went for it.

I hadn't even seen the tweets directly to the Swindon fans, that's brilliant :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It had NOTHING to do with Gordon Strachan and Mark McGhee being best mates.

NOTHING.

This. Totally not this at all in any way at all.

It's not as though Mark McGhee was the first person Gordon rang to offer a job when he got the Scotland job is it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that if he can overcome his injuries he could do a job in Div 1 or 2 but definitely the conference. If not could join Ian Chapman and Adam Hinshlewood at Burgess Hill.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nice lad, Adam Virgo.

Still never really forgiven him or Kuipers, though, for their monumental cock-up at Luton, that cost us a day out at Wembley.

Probably time to let it go, to be honest!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here