Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's recent record & Stephen Dobbie

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Having heard that Dobbie has been Palace's best player over the last few games I have had a look at their stats from when he is playing and when he isn't. These are of course, just stats and do not offer a prediction of the results of the next two games. However, I thought that they made for interesting reading:

With Dobbie on the pitch Palace have scored 6 and conceded 7 in the last ten games.
In minutes when he has not been playing they have scored 2 and conceded 11.

Calculating the number of minutes he has played at home and away and the number of goals scored and conceded gives a mean average (to the nearest round number) score in the last ten games of:

Dobbie on the pitch at home: Draw 2-2
Dobbie on the pitch away: Draw 1-1

Dobbie missing at home: Lose 1-2
Dobbie missing away Lose 0-2

It is worth noting that Dobbie hasn't played a full ninety in any of these matches, but seems to have been very effective whenever used. The two games where he didn't play at all were against us and Ipswich and both ended in 3-0 losses. Given these stats and his experience and previous success in the playoffs, it seems that Holloway will have to have a plan to cope with his absence.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Having heard that Dobbie has been Palace's best player over the last few games I have had a look at their stats from when he is playing and when he isn't. These are of course, just stats and do not offer a prediction of the results of the next two games. However, I thought that they made for interesting reading:

With Dobbie on the pitch Palace have scored 6 and conceded 7 in the last ten games.

Calculating the number of minutes he has played at home and away and the number of goals scored and conceded gives a mean average (to the nearest round number) score in the last ten games of:

It is worth noting that Dobbie hasn't played a full ninety in any of these matches, but seems to have been very effective whenever used. The two games where he didn't play at all were against us and Ipswich and both ended in 3-0 losses. Given these stats and his experience and previous success in the playoffs, it seems that Holloway will have to have a plan to cope with his absence.

Ok thanks

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013

Yeah hes been one of the best of a bad bunch recently and i am pretty pleased we have signed him for next season but he does divide palace fans a bit on opionion. However as your research clearly states his presence has resulted in only one win in 10..

As far as ex BHA strikers go I wouldnt worry about Dobbie too much, there might be one other..

Clutching at straws me thinks

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah hes been one of the best of a bad bunch recently and i am pretty pleased we have signed him for next season but he does divide palace fans a bit on opionion. However as your research clearly states his presence has resulted in only one win in 10..

As far as ex BHA strikers go I wouldnt worry about Dobbie too much, there might be one other..

Calvin Andrew?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm mostly worried about Dindane. His athleticism, stamina and will to succeed at all costs could be too much to handle

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here