Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Lovejoy to be sports presenter on BT Vision

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I got ya, Krusty, but I do think this particularly offensive bit of programming might actually warrant a thread of its own? He is a massive tool.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He who just glazes over with disinterest whenever someone dares to mention a team outside the top six in the prem.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh well.

Still, an excellent review.

Nailed on, even though I haven't read the book (principally because I can't stand his nauseatingly smug face when he's on TV, let alone wanting to read his inane thoughts from a book he probably wrote in crayon).

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh well.

Still, an excellent review.

“The hardest thing about leaving *Soccer AM,” he says regretfully, “is the thought that I might no longer be influencing the game.”

Oh Tim :ffsmurray: :lol:

The afternoon show was sounding good until they announced him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"I'll even watch the occasional game of rugby now, because I’m friends with a lot of the players like Will Greenwood, Matt Dawson, Lawrence *Dallaglio and Austin Healy”.

What a complete and utter nause.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
QUOTE=edna krabappel;5690420]"I'll even watch the occasional game of rugby now, because I’m friends with a lot of the players like Will Greenwood, Matt Dawson, Lawrence *Dallaglio and Austin Healy”.

What a complete and utter nause.[/QUOTE]

He's a Chelsea fan - what do you expect!!? :wink: I used to get really pee'd off when he kept going on about Chelsea on Soccer AM.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lovejoy: “and please welcome our guest, Martin Freeman”
Freeman: “Hi tim, is that a Ramones t-shirt?”
Lovejoy: “Yeah”
Freeman: “What’s your favourite album?”
Lovejoy: “...”
Freeman: “Got any of their albums? Know any of their songs?”
Lovejoy: “er….no”
Freeman: “oh, ok”

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He is a complete slice.
The only thing that could make it worse is that "hilarious" Tubes from Shocker a.m.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Martyn‏@moc_moc_a_moc @BTSport Will there be a package available that excludes Tim Lovejoy? Willing to pay extra.
:lolol:

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
:laugh:

[yt]5p32JJ3QZ7E[/yt]

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Lovejoy is quality! Top lad!

I think this comment is ignore list-worthy :ffsparr:

Guy is a smug bellend, such a shame that his tinpot career is going to extend for at least one more year.

If BT think this cock appeals to the modern football fan, they have got it so, so very wrong.

Michael Owen is a boring ******** as well.

D

Deleted member 18477

WhingForPresident;569082 4 said:
I think this comment is ignore list-worthy :ffsparr:

Guy is a smug bellend, such a shame that his tinpot career is going to extend for at least one more year.

If BT think this cock appeals to the modern football fan, they have got it so, so very wrong.

Michael Owen is a boring ******** as well.

Is this you by any chance? :lolol: you need to chill out!

Does max rushden or Helen appeal to you? They're both very annoying!

Owen ain't that bad. McManaman has always been good and David James is an intelligent fella! Darren fletcher and Owen Hargreaves are unknown quantities.

I'm just happy that sky won't have the monopoly of everything anymore! Well done BT! Plus I have BT Infinity broadband so very happy with the news!

Last edited by a moderator:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Is this you by any chance? :lolol: you need to chill out!

Does max rushden or Helen appeal to you? They're both very annoying!

Owen ain't that bad. McManaman has always been good and David James is an intelligent fella! Darren fletcher and Owen Hargreaves are unknown quantities.

I'm just happy that sky won't have the monopoly of everything anymore! Well done BT! Plus I have BT Infinity broadband so very happy with the news!

Not serious about the ignore list hun :kiss:

Soccer AM died when Lovejoy left, but the way he went off to do that crap cooking show when he thought everyone would be begging him to work for them was pretty tragic. Can't believe BT have gone with someone as washed up as he is.

Don't like Owen at all personally, can't imagine Hargreaves being that interesting but James will probably be good.

I expect this to go the same way as ITV Digital to be honest, would be shocked if it's still going in two or three years time. I'll be sticking with Sky for the foreseeable future, despite the addition of Jamie Carragher.

D

Deleted member 18477

Not serious about the ignore list hun :kiss:

Soccer AM died when Lovejoy left, but the way he went off to do that crap cooking show when he thought everyone would be begging him to work for them was pretty tragic. Can't believe BT have gone with someone as washed up as he is.

Don't like Owen at all personally, can't imagine Hargreaves being that interesting but James will probably be good.

I expect this to go the same way as ITV Digital to be honest, would be shocked if it's still going in two or three years time. I'll be sticking with Sky for the foreseeable future, despite the addition of Jamie Carragher.

Ignore me if you want, doesn't bother me babe.

I quite liked his cooking programme. I think there's far worse presenters out there... A few of which are on sky sports... Helen chamberlain... Can't believe sky still have her!

Owen was always quite good on goal on Sunday or whereever he's appeared. Better than sourness, phil Thompson etc. it's about time some of these old boys called it a day. Lawrenson on BBC is shite as well. g Neville is very good though!

No chance they've paid huge money for the rights. they'll have 50% of games i reckon in years to come. theyve done what ESPN and setanta couldnt do. So your not gunna get BT sport on Sky? It's only 12 quid. I wouldn't wanna miss out on any first pick games! Now that Fergie has retired the prem is gunna be amazing next season... And Brighton might be there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here