Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vs palarse stereotypes

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
Should we be going to the FA about homophobic chants and comments when we do the same to the then about caravans and being Pikeys? Just a thougt people

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They'll keep calling us gayers as long as we call them dicheads and pikey thieving jester men.

Great.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I hate these threads. Running to police/FA etc because he called me a poof/pikey.

Thread starter a JCL?

sailor

May 7, 2013
BN27
And to go further would it be ok to chant about peoples weight, height, general rancidness? Abuse is abuse so where does the line get drawn? People are too sensitive these days.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Should we be going to the FA about homophobic chants and comments when we do the same to the then about caravans and being Pikeys? Just a thougt people

Never Never Never

Its all Banter anyone who feels a tad off about them calling us poofters and all the homosexual songs should accept it as it is BANTER

After they are Pikey Scumbag Inbreds who do not deserve the breath the same air as me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Homophobia (under the guise of 'Banter') directed at one person is not on.
Chanted by one set of football fans at another set of football fans is just terrace humour.
I don't particularly care if players get involved in the odd gesture either (though it helps us out if they get sent off). Perhaps I'd care more if I was homosexual. Dunno.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Homophobia (under the guise of 'Banter') directed at one person is not on.
Chanted by one set of football fans at another set of football fans is just terrace humour.
I don't particularly care if players get involved in the odd gesture either (though it helps us out if they get sent off). Perhaps I'd care more if I was homosexual. Dunno.

Pretty much this. When it's directed at one person on the basis of sex/race/religion/whatever then that's abuse and not on. General chanting is fair, although I think there should be a line, even if it's very, very hard to define.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
When I was about 5 years old we were playing away at Cambridge and the guy infront of me spent the whole 90 minutes taking the mickey out of the linesmans big nose and everyone took it as a laugh(including the lino) nowadays he would be chucked out in minutes. Everyone needs to just grow a pair and shake it off...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Grow a pair and deal with it you big poofter .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here