[Official Site] Dave Hylands: Fan of the Year

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
cameron-and-dave-hylands-le229-815136_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
10:47 9th May 2013
by Luke Nicoli
Dave Hylands was recognised as the Albion Fan of the Year at Tuesday night’s gala dinner after he was nominated for the award by his son, Cameron.
This award is given to the fan who has gone that extra mile in order to support Albion during the 2012/13 season, and Cameron, who has been registered disabled since September 2012 with a condition called POTS (postural tachycardia syndrome), gave his first-hand account of Dave’s exceptional commitment and selflessness.
Dave helps his son to and from games, both home and away, which can prove difficult as Cameron can suddenly become immobile, start to spasm or faint.
At the Charlton game for instance, Dave had to carry Cameron from the North Stand back to the coach park. The same thing has happened at Watford and Crystal Palace. Cameron’s condition has obviously had a big impact on his and his family’s life – but Dave was determined that one aspect of his son’s life shouldn’t change – coming to support the Albion.
Dave, who has supported the club since 1977 said, “Cameron’s illness has had a big impact on his daily life, but he has always enjoyed coming to games and we didn’t want that to stop.
“It’s something we both enjoy doing, it’s a big passion of ours, and although it can be difficult at times, just seeing Cameron happy and enjoying himself makes it all worthwhile. He’s coped with his illness so well and I just do whatever I can to help him. I’m so proud of him.”
Speaking about his father, Cameron added, “My condition really can wipe me out; I can faint, my legs turn to jelly and my muscles turn to jelly, and then I can lose control of my hands and arms.
“Watching the Albion is the one thing I really look forward to because at home there is not a lot for me to do, and thanks to my dad I feel extremely safe. If I had the choice of one person to take me places and make me feel comfortable it would definitely be my dad.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here