Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moyes is to be named Man Utd Manager today

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The announcement is imminent
Surprised really ok he's done a decent job at Everton on a lower budget to other top clubs but still never won a trophy In 11 years at Everton

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Could be an interesting time for The Franchise, much in the way of the fading Liverpool team through the 80's I would expect them to be fairly well motivated as a team and still put up a good show at first. There will be a decline though and it will be interesting to see how the Glazers and the fans cope with that.

As for Moyes, " Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown "

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
The announcement is imminent
Surprised really ok he's done a decent job at Everton on a lower budget to other top clubs but still never won a trophy In 11 years at Everton
You've answered yourself there. I'd wager if he had the budget of the other clubs surrounding Everton, he would have won trophies.

IMO, he has overachieved and now needs a club with a larger budget. I think he'll be at MU for a long time (stability is key and he shows staying power) and will win many trophies there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm just relieved they've decided so early. Everton can get on with rebuilding and we don't have to put up with endless boring days of speculation like we did for the England job.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess Man U know what they're doing but it does seem a cut-price option to me. Also, I would have thought the new manager would need to have a huge force of personality to take on this job, something which Moyes does not seem to have.

D

Deleted member 18477

Moyes is a class manager!! His budget at Everton has been rubbish. He's overachieved for years!

No one will win trophies again as consistently as Fergie has but I can't see that being the expectation of proper Utd fans so it shouldn't be of the board either.

Moyes to win a trophy within 3 years!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Moyes will be going into this job at a difficult time as well. Obviously he has a brilliant squad but the opposition are improving.

Arsenal have just signed a the biggest sponsorship deal in history to get £30m a year from Puma + Wenger reportedly now has a budget.

Man CIty will be going big in the window this summer.

Chelsea have the basis of a brilliant squad and the adding of a Falcao for example could be that boost they need along with Mourninho rejoining.

Spurs are probably a little off but if they keep Bale and get a 20+ striker then they aren't going to be far off for long.
Next year could be very close.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think it's good that his hard work for the last decade+ has paid off for him. He seems a very personable chap and I think will do well there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it's good that his hard work for the last decade+ has paid off for him. He seems a very personable chap and I think will do well there.

True.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Is that right? I heard Ferguson had been wanting Moyes from a long way out.

I didn't catch who the reporter was that said it on 5live last night, Ian Ladyman possibly, but that's definitely what he said had happened. Mourinho was seen as a possible trouble maker by the board. And we do know Ferguson and Mourinho have a close relationship so would not be surprised at SAF wanting him

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think he thoroughly deserves such a break, the Moyes. A really good manager who gets the best out of players. Could see him bringing Baines with him bigbuckedly.
I wonder, though, for my slight admiration or appreciation of him at present, whether his sudden reddage might make me start to hate him.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Moyes is inhereting a pretty poor squad that flattered to deceive under Ferguson and will need some time to breathe some fresh air into it.

Mancini is clueless.

Chelsea will sign Mourinho and then some ridiculous players over the Summer.

Chelsea to win the Premier League at a canter next Season IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Moyes is inhereting a pretty poor squad that flattered to deceive under Ferguson and will need some time to breathe some fresh air into it.

Mancini is clueless.

Chelsea will sign Mourinho and then some ridiculous players over the Summer.

Chelsea to win the Premier League at a canter next Season IMO.[/QUOTE

I'm not convinced Abramovich will re- employ Mourinho, is the club big enough for both of them after the way it ended last time. Would Mourinho not be tailor made for City?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here