Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving a Ticket For Someone at the Amex

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Has anyone ever done this? A mate of mine can't get down until bang on kick off time on Monday and I'm not hanging around outside with his paper ticket as I want to get in and soak it all up. I wondered if I could leave it with the ticket booth guys or elsewhere. Appreciate I should probably be asking the club on this one, which I will do, but was hoping for a speedier answer on here. Cheers.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i'm sure there's a flower pot outside you can hide it under?

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Ive always left envelopes with tickets, in the security gatehouse situated at the car park entrance(Bennetts field)
They have always been helpful.

huge

Mar 23, 2011
If you have the ticket in hand now, why not stick it in the post to him today? Send it registered post, and he will have it by tomorrow.

DO NOT send it registered post. That means it goes in the normal post that is not guaranteed next day delivery (can take up to 3 days in the RM delivery "target") the only thing registered about is a signature at the end of its journey. Spend the extra money and send it special delivery guaranteed next day delivery.
I used to work for RM in the complaints department and this sort of scenario came up all the time. Avoid it

huge

Mar 23, 2011
Also 3 day delivery target isn't guaranteed either. It's a delivery aim. And I think if you send it SP tomorrow it is only guaranteed for Monday with an aim for Saturday which might be cutting it fine

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
I've left a ticket for a mate in west stand reception before now, for the same reason you want to. They are happy to pass it on and even put it in an envelope for you.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I sent my friend's ticket to him the other month by registered post, but, stupidly, gave him the name "Sir Charles of Chuckleworth" on the envelope. He wasn't in for the delivery and when he went to collect it, the person behind the Royal Mail counter would not accept his passport with a matching first name and proof of address. "We need something to prove you are Sir Charles of Chuckleworth." they insisted. Luckily they were willing to try and deliver again to the address the next day. Otherwise he wouldn't have gotten into that game as it was the week i was away and a replacement wouldn't have been easy to get a hold of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here