Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is your favourite Albion STALWART of recent times?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I might do a poll, but need some nominations.

Only criteria: must have played at Withdean or more recently. Not looking for greatest player, but who most represents the beating heart of the club

Initial nominations: Kerry Mayo, Gary Hart, Inigo Calderon.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I've been a massive fan of El Abd, long before he was actually a good footballer (well, you know what I mean - before Gus developed him into what he is today). He would play anywhere and would always give his all. There was a time when I felt he was the only player that actually cared about our results.

Also, I would give a nod to Calde. He sums up everything that is good about the club.

Gary Hart was another that I admired through the Withdean years - would play anywhere (I remember him at left back for a while!!) and never seemed to complain.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
oatway snr or calde

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Glenn Murray

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've been a massive fan of El Abd, long before he was actually a good footballer (well, you know what I mean - before Gus developed him into what he is today). He would play anywhere and would always give his all. There was a time when I felt he was the only player that actually cared about our results.

Also, I would give a nod to Calde. He sums up everything that is good about the club.

Gary Hart was another that I admired through the Withdean years - would play anywhere (I remember him at left back for a while!!) and never seemed to complain.
AEA is a good shout.

So far the poll will consist of:

Calde
OGH
Kerry
FDM
Charlie
AEA

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Always thought "stalwart" was a programme term from the 60s or 70s. If I had been a pro footballer I don't think I would have liked to be labelled one - it suggests not very talented, just long serving (usually a defender) !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I suggest our Captain through two Championships should be in there - Danny "bully" Cullip :thumbsup:

Two ends of the spectrum - Chesterfield at home, Clip round the ear for Pethwick at Swindon

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Simon Morgan (well i have to include him for me he was great) and Danny Cullip also Kuipers,Carpenter and Oatway.

Nicky Forster too,love Gus but not for getting rid of him at the time,sorry Gus but i cannot agree with everything you do.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here