Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Most annoying regional accent.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Subject of conversation at work today and the majority found scousers ground most people's gears. This is particularly mine, especially whiney female scousers, but the blokes aren't much better, Hey laaad, what's your's likkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkke

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It is not an accent in the traditional sense,as it is purely optional. But the whole, ghetto London, like bruv, unit, brup, bad man, ting etc etc. to hear it inside London is bad enough, but to hear outside of London grinds my gears, it is not "street", it is not cool. It's pathetic, it is embarrassing and it gives me no hope for those that decide to talk that way.

Otherwise regional, scouse. Hands down.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Brummie is so whiney and annoying also Norwich Suffolk / Norfolk area is awful.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It is not an accent in the traditional sense,as it is purely optional. But the whole, ghetto London, like bruv, unit, brup, bad man, ting etc etc. to hear it inside London is bad enough, but to hear outside of London grinds my gears, it is not "street", it is not cool. It's pathetic, it is embarrassing and it gives me no hope for those that decide to talk that way.

Otherwise regional, scouse. Hands down.
Innit just like bruv! (sorry, reminded me of my chavvy daughter)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Real inner city Bristolian is effin awful, and a world away from the west country accents that make us all smile.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
hmmm, well I can tolerate Liverpool as a large chunk of my extended family is from there...I think I'd agree that Bristolian is pretty unpalatable.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Black Country is incomprehensible.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
i assume the absence of references to various Scottish regional accents is because you're not even admitting that it's English that they're speaking up there....

Come to think of it, Glaswegian may not even be Indo-European, to judge just by ear.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Brum is my least favourite. Along with an aggressive, geezerish, full on Laaaaandan accent

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here