Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In Honor of the Playoffs. I will embarrass myself with Old Photos

mchaney

mick.seagulls
Jul 26, 2004
Kitchener (Canada)
For all the younger supporters (and some memories for the older ones)I thought I would embarrass myself with a couple of photos from 1978. What is so memorable about this year? It’s the last time we were in the hunt for promotion for Division one and yes we won Division 2 and went up that year.

Also just to show the rivalry with Palace is not just from the past few years, I think the shirt says it all. So Go Seagulls Go, I will be over from Canada for Wembley, I just wish I could be there for Friday and especially Mondays game, but I will be watching on line and supporting like I have for the past 45 years.

In the iconic words of Martin Luther King Jr

I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land. So I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Especially Palace Fans. :lolol:

Happy Days Again :thumbsup:

3.jpg4.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 432
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 579

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
A pedant writes :
For the sake of accuracy, I must point out that The Albion didn't win Div.2, the scum from the wrong end of the A23 pipped us to the title. *******s.
We'll get revenge over the course of the next two games.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
For all the younger supporters (and some memories for the older ones)I thought I would embarrass myself with a couple of photos from 1978. What is so memorable about this year? It’s the last time we were in the hunt for promotion for Division one and yes we won Division 2 and went up that year.

Also just to show the rivalry with Palace is not just from the past few years, I think the shirt says it all. So Go Seagulls Go, I will be over from Canada for Wembley, I just wish I could be there for Friday and especially Mondays game, but I will be watching on line and supporting like I have for the past 45 years.

In the iconic words of Martin Luther King Jr

I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land. So I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Especially Palace Fans. :lolol:

Happy Days Again :thumbsup:

View attachment 42528View attachment 42529

:lol:

well played sir!

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
I'm sorry but living on the wrong side of the pond does not give you impunity from using the correct English spelling of words. Especially in thread titles. Have a nice day.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Superb T shirt
Reckon a reprint would sell very well indeed... trust you will be wearing the same one, or getting one made up for Wembley!?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If ever a photo reeked of the '70s!! I can almost hear someone riding a Chopper or a Tomahawk down the road and the bounce of a football on the tarmac...

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
I can imagine a reprint being sorted if the right result had been achieved Monday night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ha ha. Brilliant. You were one cool dude back then! Cheers for sharing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here