Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good pubs/restuarants near the Wembley ground?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Easy answer, there are none, zilch, nothing, the place is devoid of anything nice. Go, watch the game, leave, the best recommendation for Wembley.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brilliant Fish and Chips near Paddington station at Lisson Grove just over 1 mile, called The Seashell for both eating in or take away highly recommended not your standard chippie.

Steviegeorge

Nov 24, 2012
I was at Wembley on Saturday for the FA Vase game. A place indeed that is devoid of any charm whatsoever.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Always drink round Marleybone station when I go to wembley a few decent pubs Gloucester arms, Allsop arms and right outside Baker street station The Globe pub so you can either get the underground at Baker street (Metropoliton line )to Wembley park or Get the train at Marylebone station(10 min journey) which takes you right outside wembley stadium without having the long walk up wembley way

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In 1983 The Green man had cases of cans of lager and sold them through a window as the pub was officially closed, at £5 for 4 Colt 45 those were the days. The pub was run by a subsiduary company of Ind Coope called Vittle Inns.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Post reported for being eye-wateringly cringey and presumptuous.:facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Brilliant Fish and Chips near Paddington station at Lisson Grove just over 1 mile, called The Seashell for both eating in or take away highly recommended not your standard chippie.

aye its good, but its not cheap either. its closer to Marylebone station. theres a pleasant (if trendy) pub called Wood round the corner from the station. does a very decent Thai and decent beer.

Marylebone is also easy from Victoria, Vic line to Oxford street then cross platform to change onto Bakerloo. 20 min.

Always drink round Marleybone station when I go to wembley a few decent pubs Gloucester arms, Allsop arms and right outside Baker street station The Globe pub so you can either get the underground at Baker street (Metropoliton line )to Wembley park or Get the train at Marylebone station(10 min journey) which takes you right outside wembley stadium without having the long walk up wembley way

The bus is 20 mins top, direct to Marylebone from Vic - no changes and you get to see a bit of London too.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Easy answer, there are none, zilch, nothing, the place is devoid of anything nice. Go, watch the game, leave, the best recommendation for Wembley.

Oh it's not THAT bad. There's a pub with tables screwed to the floor, a Macdonalds and a kebab house.

Edit: actually no you are right it's shit

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
**** sake.

Really? Plenty of time between the semis and the final for one to have done this but BEFORE?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
aye its good, but its not cheap either. its closer to Marylebone station. theres a pleasant (if trendy) pub called Wood round the corner from the station. does a very decent Thai and decent beer.

Marylebone is also easy from Victoria, Vic line to Oxford street then cross platform to change onto Bakerloo. 20 min.

Sorry I meant to say near Marylebone as you say not cheap but I did say it wasnt your standard chippie.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Can we get there first please :nono:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here