Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A thread for those of us

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
who are only VERY quietly confident.

Not doom and gloom, but definitely not WE WILL THRASH THEM types either.

Not the types who will CROW on at any passing Nigels but equally will not indulge them in their "I can't see Palace winning" nonsense either.

If you don't fulfil this criteria and havent shown as much until now, you can nick off.

This is for the rest of us, and if Glenn-Murray or any other passing Nigel bell end comes on here after (if) they win, they can show some respect to those of us who showed some humility.

Hopefully we will win, but we could EASILY not do so. The whole league has been tight, never mind two teams separated by one league position.

:bigwave:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree Simster. I think it will be incredibly close. It could go either way. Anyone that writes Palace off is a mug imo. They are a good team.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
If we win there we be no humility, the same goes for you lot without a doubt.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we lose we lose. Overall I expect us to win 4-3 over the 2 games but it will be one hell of a battle and we have both earned our right to be going " toe to toe ".

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If we win there we be no humility, the same goes for you lot without a doubt.

Humility is generally more quiet and subtle in manner, and so generally this is drowned out by those with none.

There will be no doubt a huge amount of humility, maybe even respect and sportsmanship from both sides, only it will be very hard to find.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm confident we will get an away win on Friday meaning Palace will have have to take the game to us in the second leg... then we will hit them on the break and finish the job !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Humility is generally more quiet and subtle in manner, and so generally this is drowned out by those with none.

There will be no doubt a huge amount of humility, maybe even respect and sportsmanship from both sides, only it will be very hard to find.

The old adage of " may the better team win " went out of the window a long time ago. Overall after 3 hours of football, most likely the better team will win and both sets of fans should live with that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it was anyone but Palace I'd feel much better about this than I do at the moment

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be honest it is a game of football and anyone's life that is ruined, either side has a very charmed life if it really means that much to them with all the other shit going on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in.

We should win...

...says it all really.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm in.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I feel a heady mix of anxiety and satisfaction already. I fret in small parts of course, but any sort of thumping wouldn't have me dishevel in despair. The madness of these encounters has one almost on the outside of reason, so the downheartedness is brief and explosive and rather quick to overcome. Just as the delight is. I'm thrilled to be there and no surety lurks in me for a dosage of sickly braggadocio nor humiliation. We made it, and a step further would be astonishing, but not one that gives me life or death.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yup - am confident but still very nervous.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
To be honest it is a game of football and anyone's life that is ruined, either side has a very charmed life if it really means that much to them with all the other shit going on.

I look at it with a different slant, I agree my life won't be ruined by a defeat but with all the other shit going on and the daily worries of the rat race it means that the Albion is my (and sons) one real escape from the mundane and if Palace did burst that bubble I would be pretty gutted. That said when they get thrashed in the final and we win the championship next season undefeated hope will be restored.

All that said I do think we will beat them over 2 legs all be it narrowly, I just have that feeling that it is our destiny.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Yes, I'm in - I think we will win but I think it will be close :thumbsup:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I agree with the Simster. I am quite confident but anything can happen, and if we go out in the play-off semis there's no shame in that.

And yes, try and treat victory and defeat the same, as Mr Kipling once said when he wasn't making his cakes.

If we win, it will be fantastic - but we still won't have been promoted yet. If we lose, so be it. It's been a good season. Accept it and move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here