Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the hell is this game called?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Free computer game where two teams (of three) throw stones (or bombs) over a hill to try and kill each other.
Multiplayer.
Incredibly simple but irritating music.
Four letter I think.
Everyone chooses the trajectory of the throw and when all ready, stones are thrown simultaneously.

It's bugging the heck out of me - and might fill the time between now and Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
No idea, but couldn't help think of Bomb Jack

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Used to be a game on the old Windows 3.1 called gorillas, lobbing bananas at each other standing on skyscrapers I believe.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't remember bananas. Very simple game. You had a few seconds to get into a position and aim your bomb. Then the system locked down and all the bombs were thrown at once. Three players each side. Cowards hid near the back (far left and far right) to be out of range but also found it hard to reach the opposition over the hill. Different sorts of bombs - rolling, explode in the air etc). You couldn't choose your team - just whether you were red or blue (I think) and the game allocated players to you and against you. Winner was the team who killed the three opponents.

Sorry I can't be more clear - name is on the tip of my tongue.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone know if there is a version of this game on iOS?

I remember having this on Game + Watch!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Anyone know if there is a version of this game on iOS?

I remember having this on Game + Watch!

Is it wrong I just watched that whole game?

Strangely hypnotic:mad::mad:

I wouldn't be able to play it now. Far too glitchy and lost track of what was going up and what was going down. Those were the days. The days of putting cassettes into computers and waiting 20 mins for a game to load only to fail and have to re load it:rant::rant::rant:

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
There was another good free game I came across a couple of years ago, where you work in teams of four to complete puzzles and tasks for as long as possible. For every question you get right, you teammate's health increases, and if you get a challenge wrong, they lose life. I'll post a link if anyone's interested.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Free computer game where two teams (of three) throw stones (or bombs) over a hill to try and kill each other.
Multiplayer.
Four letter I think.
Everyone chooses the trajectory of the throw and when all ready, stones are thrown simultaneously.

It's bugging the heck out of me - and might fill the time between now and Friday.

Tanks?

AWillis

Mar 14, 2013
Hove
Multiplayer.
Four letter I think.

raft wars?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here