Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion programme best in Championship

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
SEAGULL NAMED CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAMME OF THE YEAR

Albion's matchday programme has been named the Football League Programme of the Year for the Championship. :clap2:

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
Programme, pies, ground, players and manager!!!!

Any more awards coming our way!?!?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Great achievement by all involved. Can't say any more than that as this is the first season in 26 that I have not bought or even looked at a single programme.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It is a really good read - especially like all the archive stuff...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Excellent - correct result for the quality and consistency shown in its pages. Let's hope the players do the business on the pitch, and we can then enter it for Premier League programme awards in the near future :)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think it's a brilliant programme, only let down by the skimpy coverage of the opposition (bizarre page article on opposition's last game - should really have pen pictures for 16 players rather than 3) and rather poor 'Read All About It!' section. Mainly high writing quality all year around, and so much better than what we had in the Withdean days.

Plus, of course, I find the retro articles (mainly by Spencer Vignes) are excellent. I most enjoyed the FA Cup Final anniversary issue.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Great programme, particular favourites being The Marmite Men, Paul Jiggins and the stats pages, very useful on NSC

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Some GREAT articles in there

:jester:

Agreed - apart from that boring one about the old programmes. Who writes that dross?!?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would I be right in thinking its also the most expensive?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In future, they should do profiles of opposition players written in the style of a dossier. e.g. 'A defender who is dominant in the air but slow on the turn, who Lua Lua must fancy his changes against' or 'Prone to occasional lapses of concentration, such as against Leicester last month when his allowed Player X to score twice from free-kicks on his blind side.'

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Will the Palace retro programmes article be what they should have printed for the league game in March?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here