Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your goal celebration?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
In my day as a centre forward (striker was a comic and a board game), we did not invent goal celebrations we did what came natural.

For me I used to run left with my right arm raised a little bit like Shearer always did. A team mate of mine thought is was cool not to show any expression and just turned and walked back to the centre circle.

Dont forget the good old windmill.

What was yours?

alan+shearer.jpg

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Can't find any pictures, but I remember seeing Zamora doing the plane when I was 5ish, stuck with me ever since

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Mine was and is the look of complete and utter shock followed by false modesty.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I had a nice season at Sunday League last year where I managed to bag about 15 goals in total, yet never settled on a nice goal celebration. I remember doing a "Fifa Flop" in one game.

However, I always find that what is FAR more important is the post goal RUN. You want to score your goal and WHEEL AWAY in one flowing movement. For example. a corner comes in, I run onto the ball, glance it in, and continue to run in the same direction upon landing, preferably running directly towards the corner taker.

This looks SWIFT and PROFESSIONAL.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I've always been a turn round and walk back to the centre all casual whilst inside I'm shouting "GET THE F*** IN YOU BEAUTY!!!!"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was a goal keeper so it was usually a pouty bottom lip and a kick of the goalpost or nets

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I usually just have a good chuckle to myself, then a couple of high fives and hugs all round. alrighhhhhhtttttt.

although the only goal I ever scored with my head, I went crazy, running over to the corner taker and pointing at my head, like no one else would have seen me score a header. what a prat.

Jimmy Grimble

Few years ago when our team used to run the show at Waterhall pitch invasion I took it upon myself to do the 'you can't see me'. Did not go down well with the opposition :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Desperately try and fail not to look smug - especially if it's a corker.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
left arm raised, elbow bent, index finger pointing - joyful but slightly aggressive face.......usually running in an arc near the corner of the pitch.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Usually just pumped my fists and ran around screaming. Only scored 9 times in 8 years from full-back, but 3 of those were in one game when I was put upfront! :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Mick Channon windmill impression

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here