Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus 2nd favourite to be next Everton manager

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Who is favourite for the Wigan job?

I think Martinez would be a decent fit for Everton, worked on a small budget, but managed to get the team playing some decent football.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
At this stage, there is no way Gus would be offered the Everton job.

If he was offered the Wigan job I'm sure he would only consider it after us if Wigan were in the Premier League for next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that if we dont get promoted Gus will jump at the Everton job if offered it, which I thnik is highly likely. The drawback could be the compensation to us if he is enticed away and goes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine he'd probably take it if offered, the Everton job that is, even if we do go up. Not sure Wigan would be that attractive to him

Hope they offer the Everton job to Martinez.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Wigan isn't a big enough club for Poyet.
He'd jump at the Everton job, big club and great job security will a lot of great talent within the ranks!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I don't think Moyes will get the Man Utd job,they will go for a big European name

If a vacancy does come up at Everton,why not Benetiez,proven at that level & won trophies

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
At this stage, there is no way Gus would be offered the Everton job.

Why? He has a track record of getting players on the cheap and getting them to perform. He was No.2 at Spurs under Ramos so has some Premier League experience. Only thing against him I can see is that it will cost Everton to get him out of his Brighton contract (£5m isn't it?), and that may put them off for cheaper options as they are notoriously skint.

Don't forget they plucked Moyes from Preston, so are not adverse to picking up lower league managers who are successful.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
*waits for Stat brother to start an Ulloa to Everton thread*

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So Moyes to Manure, Martinez to Everton - not exactly nailed on, but after cheering on Wigan last night, I'm suddenly glad they lost.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Can't see Poyet at Everton just yet but if next season Wigan are still in the Premier League and we are not then I could see Poyet going to Wigan. After all they play some good football (he wouldn't have to live in Wigan!) and it would put him in the shop window for when Mourinho leaves Chelsea in a couple of years time!!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm ALWAYS an optimist. But I'll openly admit that the inveitable Everton vacancy is VERY FIRST time I'll be genuinely concerned that he's going.

Even when he was in talks with teams I wasn't worried in the slightest, due to the pedigree of them.

But EVERTON are established top 8 now. They finish above LIVERPOOL.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
If Gus gets the Everton job over Martinez, we should go for Martinez (I would expect Martinez to get it over Gus)

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Wot? Gus not favourite for the Man U job?

This is hilarious. He is staying here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If only I had had £20 spare yesterday.....

Dean Saunders - SACKED! - Page 2

Expect a few more and maybe some big names moving around in the next 3 months. Fergie might well spring a surprise by retiring and I think Mancini's time is up too. Moyes could slide in to Old Trafford and that would be a chance for an aspiring manager to move Everton on.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Great timing for this rumour :rolleyes:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
If Gus gets the Everton job over Martinez, we should go for Martinez (I would expect Martinez to get it over Gus)

Correct... IF Gus goes to Everton, and IF we get promoted and IF Wigan get relegated.

But I'd far rather keep Gus anyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here