Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some back-end changes made to NSC - please report any issues you find

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NSC has been getting increasingly hammered, most notably from China. This hasn't caused any obvious issues with the operation of the site, but the resultant load has seen NSC's hosting costs start to rise very sharply.

Last night I deployed a security service called CloudFlare which, essentially, sits between the end user and NSC and acts as a filter. If Cloudflare thinks you're dodgy or might be trying to do something dodgy it can block you from getting to the site, thereby saving NSC's servers the burden of serving up a lot of data as you go about your nefarious activities.

An added benefit of this approach is content caching which should make the site faster for everyone most of the time.

If you experience any problems, or see anything unusual, please post here. I can flick a virtual switch at any time and turn Cloudflare off if it's causing problems.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wondered why NSC seemed to be ****** over the last week or so.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
NSC has been getting increasingly hammered, most notably from China.
Great news that our fan base in building over there, we should be able to tap into vast new revenue streams.

Will report any issues.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
NSC has been getting increasingly hammered

As will most of the member base, should it all go to plan on Monday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just made a further tweak and it seems faster than I've ever seen it before.

Well done Chinese hacker types for forcing me to get my lazy arse into action.

neilandthomas

Jun 21, 2012
Much faster, but I have found that the automatic redirect after loggin in/posting is not working. (I am using a very old browser though IE8)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Seems fast to me but for the first time I had to click the manual redirect button after logging on. It didn't do it automatically. However, that's hardly a chore and if it's anything to do with anti-nasty stuff then good.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Hi Bozza, couldn't log in in the usual way - said incorrect password etc and then could log in from the message box. Don't know if related to change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here