Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grealish's Minutes Applause

nipponseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Just watched the extended highlights of the Wolves game on Seagulls Player, as they start the minutes applause the camera finds one Albion fan looking bored and busy texting!! Shame on this man!!!

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Not everybody needs to applause, after all, not everybody knew him playing for the Albion.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It is sad but it reflects our society; most will, like you, feel an innate desire to show respect however a small minority will be either too ignorant or can't be arsed.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
The majority of Brighton's PLAYERS, never mind the Wolves players, would never have heard of Tony Grealish. But they could be bothered, because they know they set an example. I also find ignorant people with no respect very tedious - no matter whether they have heard of someone who has passed away or not. It wasn't just someone - it was the captain of Albion's only Cup Final team - one minute to show respect is a small gesture.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
So you are saying, not clapping somebody who has had no effect on your life in anyway, you hadn't heard of them etc. is disrespectful? Really?

If the individual we are disscusing ( and I also noticed him from the highlights ) had not heard of Tony Grealish then he can't be an Albion fan .

In any case if the applause was for a Wolves fan most of us hadn't heard of I am sure the Home fans would have joined in just the same .

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
It's one minute out of your life, for crying out loud, to remember an important figure in the club's history. But mobile phones turn some of their owners into idiot savants who can't put them down for a second.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So you are saying, not clapping somebody who has had no effect on your life in anyway, you hadn't heard of them etc. is disrespectful? Really?

I think it's disrespectful, yes. If you are an Albion fan or indeed a football fan in general you would usually wish to identify yourself with the sentiment of the group. It was not only disrespectful to the memory of one of our great players but also disrespectful to those Albion fans aground who were old enough to remember him and feel a degree of sadness at his passing.

You seem to enjoy controversy. I would imagine you are simply an attention-seeker.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

An utterly tragic post.

LI you are so wrong and have missed the mark by a wide margin. Tragic is not the word, ill thought out and moronic fits the bill better.

As for Aseros and his 'moronic' comment, surely if you are an Albion fan then the history of the club has an affect on your life. You might not have been there but that is the most successful period of the clubs history, which may yet be surpassed. It's a bit like showing no respect on Remembrance Sunday because the people that died had no effect on your life, other than of course to the effect that the language learnt when young is English and not German!!!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It clearly hasn't dawned on that fan texting that we are all in this together. Every man, woman and child, irrespective of age, colour and creed.
I took one of my sons to the Wolves game. We paid a visit to Tony Grealish's spot on the walk of fame and saw the flowers. We applauded for at least a minute. My son never saw Tony Grealish play but didn't need telling about his place in Albion history or about paying respect.
It was right and it was deserved and I feel sorry for any fan who couldn't be bothered to applaud. Why? Because they are on the outside looking in. They don't get it. Wrapped up in their own selfishness and insularity, they won't see what any fuss is about.
The rest of us do it because we bleed blue and white and anyone who wears our beloved shirt deserves some respect.
Especially the man who led our team out for the biggest game in our history ( to date )

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It clearly hasn't dawned on that fan texting that we are all in this together. Every man, woman and child, irrespective of age, colour and creed.
I took one of my sons to the Wolves game. We paid a visit to Tony Grealish's spot on the walk of fame and saw the flowers. We applauded for at least a minute. My son never saw Tony Grealish play but didn't need telling about his place in Albion history or about paying respect.
It was right and it was deserved and I feel sorry for any fan who couldn't be bothered to applaud. Why? Because they are on the outside looking in. They don't get it. Wrapped up in their own selfishness and insularity, they won't see what any fuss is about.
The rest of us do it because we bleed blue and white and anyone who wears our beloved shirt deserves some respect.
Especially the man who led our team out for the biggest game in our history ( to date )

Nicely put. Seagull Family.

PG

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Hang on a sec

I watched the Extended highlights too and noticed one bloke not clapping in the crowd.

Are you all sure he was texting??

I saw one guy, with his head bowed, and thought he'd decided to have a moment's silence to himself rather than a clap .

Did I get that completely wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here