Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There's me thinking we had a lot of plastic fans

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's me thinking we had a lot of plastic fans

A bit harsh. They have a massive local fan base and hold a record for the most people in a single place watching a game (or something similar) when they played a title winning game at their ground and had a big screen also showing the game in an adjacent park.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
A bit harsh. They have a massive local fan base and hold a record for the most people in a single place watching a game (or something similar) when they played a title winning game at their ground and had a big screen also showing the game in an adjacent park.

Regardless... That's still a lot of JCLs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Regardless... That's still a lot of JCLs.

The record was set a number of years ago (me thinks someones needs to brush up on their German football knowledge and how big a club Dortmund are) They are the trail blazers of German european football.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That should probably read "500,000 Germans" - The population of Dortmund is only 500,000

Correct, but the Ruhr valley urban region where Dortmund sits is over 5 million.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

D

Deleted member 18477

Dortmund are a MASSIVE club!

although i'm confused.... they dont have 500,000 ST holders? I know the yellow wall is huge but come on!

so 25k tickets they've been allocated... surely all ST holders just apply and go into a ballot (cant be more than 60k of them?) or better still just do a loyalty points system...

and germans are meant to be the organised and efficient ones...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
surely all ST holders just apply and go into a ballot

Along with anyone else who might be entitled to a ticket I guess, given 500000 applied. I presume they just work their way through the priority groups until they're sold out.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Only 1 in 20 will get tickets!

Meaning perhaps a father goes but the son can't in some cases.

I don't understand this though, Wembley holds 90,000, surely both terms should get half?

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Correct, but the Ruhr valley urban region where Dortmund sits is over 5 million.

and they don't all support Doofmund!! Seriously though the rules at Schalke allocate tickets to those who have been to the previous away CL games. Very fair way.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I don't understand this though, Wembley holds 90,000, surely both terms should get half?

Nowhere near - there' shedloads of corporates for the CL final.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada

24,000 tickets for each club. Rest to corporate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here