Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving to Crystal Palace

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Just wondering if anybody might happen to know a reasonable place to park somewhere in the vicinity of the ground? Will be approaching from an easterly direction off M25 ie via A2, A20 or A21. Thanks.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Try not to park on the route between the ground and Norwood Junction,last time these two teams played there some ruffians damaged a lot of car wing mirrors and aerials.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Interestingly. me and 3 mates went to the league match at Palace earlier this season. Along with the 2000 or so others, we were penned in after the match. For a joke, after 10 mins I went up to a policeman at the front of a 3 deep row of police and asked if I could walk through. To my surprise he said yes as long as I didn't cause any trouble! So I beckoned my 3 mates over and off we went! Got to Norwood Junction at jumped on a train without queuing!

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Depends how early you arrive. Should be possible to find onstreet parking in the area of Homesdale Road (east end) and oliver Grove if you arrive in good time, but this area has had incidents in recent derby games.

A safer bet would be to park in the area bounded by South Norwood Hill / Woodvale Avenue / Lancaster Road / Southern Avenue which is well away from the main flow of football traffic and around a 10 minute brisk walk to the ground. The Sainsburys car park is closed for the duration during football at Selhurst Park.

I would say enjoy the match, but I hate insincerity.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Dont park in Sainsburys. They have put cameras up now and trust me you have no chance of parking, watching the game, then getting back to the car before the time limit.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I'd suggest parking out a little further. Will be quicker walking to where your car is after the match than the same journey in the car. I park in the road that runs behind the Albion pub in the high street which also gives a nice shortcut back out missing the main thoroughfare. However I'm not sure what booby might do to restrict where you guys can go so they may make you head in the opposite direction than your car. It really isn't very easy for visiting fans to park to be honest - knowing the area is a real help.

Good luck and hope your journey to and from the stadium and car are incident free.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Dont park in Sainsburys. They have put cameras up now and trust me you have no chance of parking, watching the game, then getting back to the car before the time limit.
Yes but if you are sent a Parking charge notice ignore it isn't a fine and cannot be enforced. (See previous threads)

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Try Gillett Rd / Elm Rd / Nursery Rd off Thornton Heath High St. ( They back on to the railway line ) They loop round in a ' horseshoe ' and you can pay for street parking. Reasonable exit to A23 South or going the other way...A232 onto A21.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I was thinking about parking the other side of Norwood Junction near The Portmanor public house /Albert Road as that is the direction in which we will be herded after the game.

Would that make sense?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i actually parked next to Selhurst station. I got there early and there were places around there ( I assume where commuters had collected their cars)

I asked a local if it was ok, and he said yes and could I knock on his door when I was leaving so he could put his wifes car there..LOL

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Many thanks all for your helpful comments. Plenty of options, but I think I might follow Arkwright's idea of parking the other side of Norwood Junction, as that is where we will be sent after the match. One thing is for sure, if I'm driving I will NOT be forced onto a train!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here