Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 Monday Mayhem

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't see it elsewhere but seems the northbound carriageway will be closed at Handcross Hill from 8pm on Monday until 6am the following day. Should create some entertaining stories post match - makes my late night journey back to the midlands interesting for sure.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
You'd think the Highway Agency would have a little bit of forethought and realise that there will be a lot more traffic on a that particular Monday night compared to normal and move the works to the following night.

Oh, hang on, it's a government agency.

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
We really do not want caravans parking up for the 'night' and then deciding to stay. The exits need to be clear at all times.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
The problem is road closures and associated diversions have to be planned months in advance before they happen. So at the time they would of had no idea that a big game would be going on.

The thing that gets my goat are the works they do on the railways. I've noticed they virtually always seem to do them on the weekends when Brighton are at home on the main line. Surely as we get discounted travel you'd think they would of have some idea when we're at home1

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The problem is road closures and associated diversions have to be planned months in advance before they happen. So at the time they would of had no idea that a big game would be going on.

The thing that gets my goat are the works they do on the railways. I've noticed they virtually always seem to do them on the weekends when Brighton are at home on the main line. Surely as we get discounted travel you'd think they would of have some idea when we're at home1

Roadworks may be planned months in advance.

Railway works are planned anything up to 2 years in advance.

Gresham Flyer

Sep 5, 2011
The Warninglid junction is open again now, so just exit here and go through Staplefield, Handcross village and back on the A23 at Pease Pottage.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.

No more "Would of's" please.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The Warninglid junction is open again now, so just exit here and go through Staplefield, Handcross village and back on the A23 at Pease Pottage.

I think you will find that the A23 NB will be closed after the A272 so you won't get as far as the Warninglid exit.

Via Cuckfield will probably be your best bet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here