Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gamble???

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
The ticket website is allowing me to buy a ticket for away leg as I have the points. However, I'm not a current STH but clearly system isn't picking that up. Do I buy a ticket or will I still get banned? Purchased ticket in my name and take ID - can they argue with that???

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The ticket website is allowing me to buy a ticket for away leg as I have the points. However, I'm not a current STH but clearly system isn't picking that up. Do I buy a ticket or will I still get banned? Purchased ticket in my name and take ID - can they argue with that???

Nobody's gonna know that you don't have a ST if you've got Ticket + ID in your own name.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Most likely someone like [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] will report you to the nearest steward :moo:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

how have you got that many points without a season ticket?

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
how have you got that many points without a season ticket?

I have 1175, not sure how I've accumulated them but STH last season and fair share of away games over both years and some home games this season.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I have 1175, not sure how I've accumulated them but STH last season and fair share of away games over both years and some home games this season.

Fair play. The rules introduced for this game say nothing about a punishment for not being a season ticket holder. I would go and plead ignorance if necessary. That said the only reason I can think of you being checked against the ticket database is if you are arrested

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Fair play. The rules introduced for this game say nothing about a punishment for not being a season ticket holder. I would go and plead ignorance if necessary. That said the only reason I can think of you being checked against the ticket database is if you are arrested

Although pleading ignorance is not defense as the rules are quite clear, the online facility may let you purchase a ticket but I would assume the ticket staff will check their database before they send out tickets. Clearly IMO the points in his account are wrong as he should only have ½ of last seasons less the 1,000 + this seasons matches.

Edit: you have to collect the tickets from the Amex if you order after 5pm today so they will probably ask for a ST as ID

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The measures put in place are scare tactics.
The plod on friday will have enough to deal without making sure all ticket holders are who they say they are.
Also fans are easier to police inside the ground than outside.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Although pleading ignorance is not defense as the rules are quite clear, the online facility may let you purchase a ticket but I would assume the ticket staff will check their database before they send out tickets. Clearly IMO the points in his account are wrong as he should only have ½ of last seasons less the 1,000 + this seasons matches.

Edit: you have to collect the tickets from the Amex if you order after 5pm today so they will probably ask for a ST as ID

You get half of your non-season ticket points and i presume if you are not renewing you would get half your season ticket points. Otherwise someone not renewing would start the season behind someone who bought just a few home tickets. (that's my attempt at a logical scenario, so probably wrong!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here