Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2014 ryder cup - registration

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Just received my 2014 Ryder cup registration, in order to get tickets for this event you have to upload a photo of yourself.

Im all in favour of security but having to supply a photo before you can buy a ticket is disgraceful invasion of my privacy, they can shove it where the sun don't shine.

rcup.JPG

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just received my 2014 Ryder cup registration, in order to get tickets for this event you have to upload a photo of yourself.

Im all in favour of security but having to supply a photo before you can buy a ticket is disgraceful invasion of my privacy, they can shove it where the sun don't shine.

View attachment 42485

Sorry I'm missing something here, why is it an invasion of your privacy? Surely the main reason they are doing it to stop people buying the tickets and re-selling them?

I'm all for ticket touts so I think it's a pain in the arse but I'm struggling to see how it's an invasion of your privacy!?!

Doesn't Glastonbury do the same thing?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I was invited to play but I'm washing my hair that week.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Sorry I'm missing something here, why is it an invasion of your privacy? Surely the main reason they are doing it to stop people buying the tickets and re-selling them?

I'm all for ticket touts so I think it's a pain in the arse but I'm struggling to see how it's an invasion of your privacy!?!

Because a photo of me forms part of my personal data.

Feb 3, 2013

View attachment 42485

Does that just apply for any Brighton fan who might like to attend?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

View attachment 42485

No No No No No No No No No

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
But when you have to present it your face will be there surely?

Don't see how it's any different than presenting your passport when you go abroad!?!

Your suggestion is that i intend to buy a ticket and sell it on for a profit is incorrect, no it's nothing like showing your passport when you travel on an aeroplane or such like.

What right have they got to tell me to supply a photo in order to buy a ticket to an event.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What right have they got to tell me to supply a photo in order to buy a ticket to an event.

:fishing: surely? It's their event, they can impose pretty much whatever ticket conditions they want. Clearly they've been having problems with ticket touts, so they've taken a fairly simple step to stop them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Because a photo of me forms part of my personal data.

unlike your name, address, phone and credit card numbers... :moo:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Why are you in favour of ticket touts?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Your suggestion is that i intend to buy a ticket and sell it on for a profit is incorrect, no it's nothing like showing your passport when you travel on an aeroplane or such like.

Absolutely every right, and probably quite right to do so too. At least it'll keep knobs like you away, so it's succeeded.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Why are you in favour of ticket touts?

Because if I want to go to a gig, sporting event or whatever that is sold out I'd rather pay over the odds and go than not at all.

I'm not ashamed to admit I've bought tickets in the past for the soul purpose of flogging on eBay to make a few quid so I'd be a bit hypocritical if I wasn't.

Your suggestion is that i intend to buy a ticket and sell it on for a profit is incorrect,

I've suggested no such thing. If anything I've suggested that it would be something I'd do.

no it's nothing like showing your passport when you travel on an aeroplane or such like.

Well.....it is.

Because it's their gig and you have to abide by their rules if you want to attend.

What have to got to hide? Are you hideously ugly?

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Because if I want to go to a gig, sporting event or whatever that is sold out I'd rather pay over the odds and go than not at all.

I'm not ashamed to admit I've bought tickets in the past for the soul purpose of flogging on eBay to make a few quid so I'd be a bit hypocritical if I wasn't.

I've suggested no such thing. If anything I've suggested that it would be something I'd do.

Well.....it is.

Because it's their gig and you have to abide by their rules if you want to attend.

What have to got to hide? Are you hideously ugly?

I have never been asked to upload a photo when booking a travel ticket and being ugly has nowt to do with it.

My concern is what they are going to do with this data, how and where are they going to store it and is it secure, whatever next dna samples for a trip to wembley?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I have never been asked to upload a photo when booking a travel ticket and being ugly has nowt to do with it.

My concern is what they are going to do with this data, how and where are they going to store it and is it secure, whatever next dna samples for a trip to wembley?

They are going to make a beautiful collage with all the photos.

I think you maybe slightly over reacting

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

No, but you have to give passport details when visiting certain countries and this will bring all your details up and maybe a picture :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here