Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A matter of time!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's win win-if we lose the semi finals comfort yourselves that the timing was not right,even if palace went on to be promoted,we would go straight up next season and wave at Palace as they slip out of the top flight after 1 season and we replace them.

But that's not going to happen is it.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wouldn't care if we got knocked out at this stage by anyone, it just shows how far we have come.....but to get beaten over 2 legs by that bunch up the road......no thanks

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Cardiff had a good few chances before they went up and Birmingham and Blackpool have crumbled after last seasons play-offs, finishing close to relegation. Failing doesnt mean you get another shot.

Failing this season will set the bar incredibly high next season, where as if we go up now, we will have pretty low expectations in the Premier League (well, the ones of us who arent deluded anyway).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I appreciate you're trying to convince yourself, but you're not going to fall for that shit are you?

No i am just providing a service to the nervous,personally i think this is the moment Brighton eclipse Palace for a long time.

I cannot wait to bounce my official palace will blow it thread on Monday evening...

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
No i am just providing a service to the nervous,personally i think this is the moment Brighton eclipse Palace for a long time.

I cannot wait to bounce my official palace will blow it thread on Monday evening...

And i'll be bumping it if we beat you and go on to win at Wembley! :thumbsup:

But I doubt that will happen. Think you will beat us 6-0 on agg if i'm honest. We are quite simply, dreadful at the moment and you are on fire. Still, no pressure on us and we always do well as the underdogs normally. Could there be a final twist in the tail...???

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Cardiff had a good few chances before they went up and Birmingham and Blackpool have crumbled after last seasons play-offs, finishing close to relegation. Failing doesnt mean you get another shot.

Failing this season will set the bar incredibly high next season, where as if we go up now, we will have pretty low expectations in the Premier League (well, the ones of us who arent deluded anyway).

Dead right :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

But I doubt that will happen. Think you will beat us 6-0 on agg if i'm honest. We are quite simply, dreadful at the moment and you are on fire. Still, no pressure on us and we always do well as the underdogs normally. Could there be a final twist in the tail...???

6-0 sounds good I will even accept 6-1 but don't like your twist in the tail comment :)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

To be honest i think either team would except a narrow win, though a thrashing would be lovely for one of us - preferably us though i cant see it happening.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Yeah sure you do. You might think Brighton could edge it, but there's not way anyone is expecting a drubbing.

I honestly do Trig. Look at your form and look at ours, it's the complete opposite end of the scale. We have a shaky defence and our front 3 have completley dried up. You keep getting clean sheets and you're scoring a lot of goals. Gonna be a truely horrible experience IMO and it seems everyone else agrees. Who knows though, maybe we will cause a huge upset, stranger things have happened...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be totally gutted if we lose to Palace but I will be shocked if they have what it takes to beat either Watford or Leicester in the final (I've got my doubts that we have either). They would have massive bragging rights but I will be able to console myself with the fact that we will have a shout of going up automatically next year and beating them twice doing it. Not sure I'll be able to cope with the binfest on here afterwards or the absolute bollocks about Gus and all the players we are going to look like losing in the summer though.

I'm not convincing myself so what hope have I of convincing anyone on here?

We REALLY REALLY do need to beat those guys up the road or it's gonna be a nightmare until KO next season :down:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Straight up next season? We'll have QPR , reading and maybe watford to contend with and will have to keep bridcutt bridge and upson to stand a chance

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think you will beat us 6-0 on agg if i'm honest.
Yeah sure you do.
I honestly do Trig. Look at your form and look at ours, it's the complete end of the scale.
You haven't lost in 4 games. We've won half of our last 8 or 10 games. If you really expect to lose that badly, you must be the really pessimistic type - and would you like to put some money on it? And when I say some, I mean lots.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You haven't lost in 4 games. We've won half of our last 8 or 10 games. If you really expect to lose that badly, you must be the really pessimistic type - and would you like to put some money on it? And when I say some, I mean lots.

Never bet on my own team Trig. Just an observation but you seem a tad nervous/annoyed by my prediction?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Straight up next season? We'll have QPR , reading and maybe watford to contend with and will have to keep bridcutt bridge and upson to stand a chance

We had Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton this year who were supposedly going to run away with the League

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Go for it but don't forget to read what i stated at the beginning of it.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
6-0 sounds good I will even accept 6-1 but don't like your twist in the tail comment :)

The twist in the tail will be that holloway will reveal he isnt really a carrot crunching wurzel by taking his recently dry cleaned new coat off to reveal a full Albion strip whilst all the time laughing maniacly!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Never bet on my own team Trig. Just an observation but you seem a tad nervous/annoyed by my prediction?
Not at all, I just don't imagine anyone thinks you'll lose by 6. It doesn't matter whether fans talk their team up or down, if one of us wins by a goal, or on penalties, we'll be delighted, and the other side will be gutted. You're best priced 11/8 to get to the final, so it would hardly be a shock if you did.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Not at all, I just don't imagine anyone thinks you'll lose by 6. It doesn't matter whether fans talk their team up or down, if one of us wins by a goal, or on penalties, we'll be delighted, and the other side will be gutted. You're best priced 11/8 to get to the final, so it would hardly be a shock if you did.

Of course it would hurt losing to you on such a big occasion. But like I said, we are expecting defeat so the opposite is a massive bonus. Where as you losing to us would come as a real shock to you lot, you only have to read the posts on this forum and it seems that 90% of your fans believe you only have to turn up to get to Wembley.*

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here