Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not got a ticket? Fancy watching the Palace away leg in a pub with other Brighton fans...?

These threads often seem not to go down too well but I don't see why. Having even 10 or 15 proper fans together at the same pub massively enhances the experience. Packing out a selected venue with the Sunshine Coast's finest Albionites would be brilliant.

"The Albert" in Old Town is a good bet. Any strong opinion against that?

All Eastbourne-based NSCers will surely open this thread... stick your name on the roll call and let's add to each other's enjoyment by getting together for this massive occasion - I will definitely be getting a few people down there in any case.

SEAGULLS...!!!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not got a ticket? Fancy watching the Palace away leg in a pub with other Brighton fans...?

These threads often seem not to go down too well but I don't see why. Having even 10 or 15 proper fans together at the same pub massively enhances the experience. Packing out a selected venue with the Sunshine Coast's finest Albionites would be brilliant.

"The Albert" in Old Town is a good bet. Any strong opinion against that?

All Eastbourne-based NSCers will surely open this thread... stick your name on the roll call and let's add to each other's enjoyment by getting together for this massive occasion - I will definitely be getting a few people down there in any case.

SEAGULLS...!!!!

They'll have a band on Friday night.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
They'll have a band on Friday night.
Yes, you are right they will won't they...

Plan B (which was close to being Plan A...!) is "The Victoria" - Latimer Road, off Seaside, BN22 7BU.

Nice pub with several tellies including a big screen. That is where I will be with my group and invite fellow Eastbourne Seagulls to join up.

(ps - obviously there is a downside to these "organising" type threads - once Albion have more regular games on Sky TV they will become obsolete because people will get to know the best place to go if they want to enjoy the match with other fans...)

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
I was planning to watch it at the Crown & Anchor or Nuthouse.
Any other suggestions?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Would definitely be up for this
Great...!!! See "Plan B"... "The Victoria" is found on Latimer Road - next road down from Seaside Road, not far from the TA Centre...

Nice pub with friendly staff and good for watching sport on TV.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Eagle in town will have it on I would reckon.

Trouble is, all pubs in Eastbourne are shit.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Would be up for this but just got offered a new contract starting Monday night so will have to be SkyGo on the Nexus7 whilst working.

Sep 27, 2011
Bodmin, Cornwall
Yes, you are right they will won't they...

Plan B (which was close to being Plan A...!) is "The Victoria" - Latimer Road, off Seaside, BN22 7BU.

Nice pub with several tellies including a big screen. That is where I will be with my group and invite fellow Eastbourne Seagulls to join up.

(ps - obviously there is a downside to these "organising" type threads - once Albion have more regular games on Sky TV they will become obsolete because people will get to know the best place to go if they want to enjoy the match with other fans...)

Sounds like a good plan to me, I know the place so will gather a few people up
:albion2:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was planning to watch it at the Crown & Anchor or Nuthouse.
Any other suggestions?
These are both possible along with my suggestion of "The Victoria"...

Other names likely to come up will include places in Willingdon, Polegate, Langney, etc

The three pubs named so far are all within short walking distance of each other - it would definitely make sense for us to agree on one to congregate in. I'd probably prefer not to choose The Nuthouse.

???

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sounds like a good plan to me, I know the place so will gather a few people up
:albion2:
Excellent...! Let's keep this simple for everyone and go with "The Victoria" on Latimer Road then.

Obviously not going to work for all but at least we will be there and there should be a bit of a gathering.

("The Eagle" is one of the last places in the world that I would want to be for this match... :lolol:)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
:facepalm:

These are all dumps. Why don't you just jump on a train and watch the game in Brighton?

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
Eagle is good but gets packed out for Brighton games. The Windsor, Counting House, Crown (Old Town), Nuthouse and Crown and Anchor are all good alternatives but a load of us have decided to go to Langney Sports club (Eastbourne Borough FC).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
:facepalm:

These are all dumps. Why don't you just jump on a train and watch the game in Brighton?
How old are you...? Pubs vary in quality but there is nothing wrong with most of the ones mentioned in this thread.

The reason I don't just "jump on a train" to Brighton is at least £50 in additional spending for me and Mrs G. on fares, taxis and babysitting...!!

Enjoy the game wherever you watch it. :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
How old are you...? Pubs vary in quality but there is nothing wrong with most of the ones mentioned in this thread.

The reason I don't just "jump on a train" to Brighton is at least £50 in additional spending for me and Mrs G. on fares, taxis and babysitting...!!

Enjoy the game wherever you watch it. :)

How old am I? WTF has that got to do with it?

Crown & Anchor, last time I went in there it was full of deadbeats and scousers.

The Victoria is full of old farts, that place feels like its still the 1940's.

Anywhere in Terminus/Bolton road is full of kids

seriously, I cant actually think of a decent pub in Eastbourne.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
How old am I? WTF has that got to do with it?

Crown & Anchor, last time I went in there it was full of deadbeats and scousers.

The Victoria is full of old farts, that place feels like its still the 1940's.

Anywhere in Terminus/Bolton road is full of kids

seriously, I cant actually think of a decent pub in Eastbourne.

Actually my wife had a works Christmas dinner at the Marine and she said it was very nice in there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here