Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pubs in Tunbridge Wells for the away leg?

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Cassidys is the best bet - will definitely be on.

Four screens and should be a fair few BRighton in there. There will however be a few Nigels in there so could be an interesting atmosphere.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Cassidys is the best bet - will definitely be on.

Four screens and should be a fair few BRighton in there. There will however be a few Nigels in there so could be an interesting atmosphere.

Thanks buddy, that's where i watched the Bristol city play off final - and i was the only guy in there cheering - how times are changing for our club.

There's a pub on Camden Road called 'The Crystal Palace' who advertise all the sky matches - usually full of Chelsea plastics tho'.

Cassive Mock

Nov 14, 2007
T/Wells
Thanks buddy, that's where i watched the Bristol city play off final - and i was the only guy in there cheering - how times are changing for our club.

There's a pub on Camden Road called 'The Crystal Palace' who advertise all the sky matches - usually full of Chelsea plastics tho'.

Cassidys is the only pub in t/wells worth going to for the football. There will be plenty of Albion fans, we will outnumber the pikeys by 4:1 in there.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

The Crystal Palace was one of about three pubs in the whole of Tunbridge Wells that people used to try and avoid. I thonk the other two might have been in Camden Road as well. Had a reputation for random acts of violence. Doesn't sound that promising today given your description of it!

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
The Crystal Palace was one of about three pubs in the whole of Tunbridge Wells that people used to try and avoid. I thonk the other two might have been in Camden Road as well. Had a reputation for random acts of violence. Doesn't sound that promising today given your description of it!

Yep - my mum has the dubious pleasure of living around that area - can remember a pub opposite the CP called JAKS where cokeheads used to congregate and look all pumped up and scary. One guy chased me down the road with a lump of 2x4 for no reason at all. 'Orrible clientele.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I think you may find Cassidys will be mainly Palace actually. If history is anything to go by. Certainly the last two play off finals that we have won were full of Palace. Maybe after the begining of last year there will be a few more Brighton though?

Cassive Mock

Nov 14, 2007
T/Wells
I think you may find Cassidys will be mainly Palace actually. If history is anything to go by. Certainly the last two play off finals that we have won were full of Palace. Maybe after the begining of last year there will be a few more Brighton though?

You're talkin' shite mate.

Many of us in Cassidys like me, have supported Brighton for over 25 years, I will take any wager you like...there will be more Brighton fans than Palace.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
You're talkin' shite mate.

Many of us in Cassidys like me, have supported Brighton for over 25 years, I will take any wager you like...there will be more Brighton fans than Palace.

Bold statement. I have never seen a Brighton game on the telly there - mind you they never showed much lower league stuff before did they. I'm only going on experience of Palace games and the turn out has always been very good. If Brighton now have a large following in TW going to watch in Cassidys then it should be a very lively atmosphere indeed. Should have one set of fans take over each floor!

Cassive Mock

Nov 14, 2007
T/Wells
Bold statement. I have never seen a Brighton game on the telly there - mind you they never showed much lower league stuff before did they. I'm only going on experience of Palace games and the turn out has always been very good. If Brighton now have a large following in TW going to watch in Cassidys then it should be a very lively atmosphere indeed. Should have one set of fans take over each floor!

Your 'lot' can take the toilets for all I care.

Cassive Mock

Nov 14, 2007
T/Wells
Jeez, calm down. you'll give yourself a hernia. A few days left yet. Start getting all worked up on Friday will save your heart.

You come on a thread asking where Albion fans can have a beer and then tell me to calm down after your talking bollox.....You should and go and watch the game at the 'Crystal Palace' and hopefully you get chased down Camden Road by a bloke with a piece of 4x2 like poor old Kimchi.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
You come on a thread asking where Albion fans can have a beer and then tell me to calm down after your talking bollox.....You should and go and watch the game at the 'Crystal Palace' and hopefully you get chased down Camden Road by a bloke with a piece of 4x2 like poor old Kimchi.

I know the town well and was only suggesting that Cassidys might not be the Brighton haven you are suggesting. Seriously it is too early to be getting that wired.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Im sure there will be people drinking in Cassidys that are Palace and Brighton and some there just to get pissed before they go to the delight that is Beluga's.

But at the minute you both sound a bit stupid squabling about a small pub that is showing some football.

Cassive Mock

Nov 14, 2007
T/Wells
I have lived there, gone to school there and my core group of friends all live there. I visit on average twice a month and have done for the last 20 years. I know Tunbridge Wells.

I have never suggested it's a Brighton Haven, I merely pointed out we would outnumber the Pikeys 4:1 on Friday night....We'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here